I'm a really ****ty Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Any tips?
I have trouble early game,

X5TeRraN

11-10-2012

vayne is heavily dependent on her support ....

you have a bad support ? gg

otherwise, a good support getting you a couple kills early will make the game very easy.

Hieronymus Bosch

11-10-2012

AA > tumble backwards is your poke

OR if they're playing like pussies AA tumble AA AA (proc w) is your poke

don't hesitate to use ult or e

Deshawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

It's not you. She has a notoriously awful early game.

Mostly because her late game is bonkers. My suggestion, focus on farming until you get ganks.

I generally only play her with a taric/nunu/soraka. She could be good with Sona if they Sona is played really aggressively, and done right.

Dr Clueless PhD

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
Any tips?
I have trouble early game,
Don't grab W at level 1. Ever.

Don't max W, either.

Don't think that you have your late-game amazing DPS ability at level 5. You don't yet.

Don't be THAT Vayne player that Condemns them to safety because you thought it might kill them.

Your strength is LATE-game. Just try and get there. There's no need to play aggressively if you can just farm to the victory.

Surakai

11-10-2012

all vaynes are ****ty because she is a ****tiest laner

Shirt Cannon

11-10-2012

Get a Nunu support. Good game.

Crede777

11-10-2012

Vayne almost always will have trouble early game.

What makes a good Vayne is knowing how to cope with that. Best advice is:

1. Focus on farming whenever possible. If your enemy isn't bullying you out of CS, take advantage of that and get as much gold as possible. Numerous champs have to worry about being outscaled late game even though they went even in lane. Not Vayne. If she is even with her lane opponent, she is winning. This isn't to say you shouldn't harass or go for a kill. You just need to be reasonably sure it is going to work before you do it. More so than say Caitlyn or Ezreal.

2. Play with a support you know. This makes bot duo laning much easier, especially on Vayne. Coordination is key and you need a support you can trust to keep you going despite heavy harass. Most combos can work, Taric is nice because of his armor buff, stun, and heal. Obviously Alistar and Blitz are nice in lane. Janna is pretty weak right now but her AD buff / shield and knock up can be very useful. Mostly I see Zyra or Nunu with Vayne due to their CC / Harass and Nunu's bloodboil. Warding the lane bushes can be a good way to get a condemn off.

3. Learn how to CS under tower. That will be very useful in many situations, especially early in lane phase.

4. Pay attention to your jungler. Vayne's passive means she usually can run down an opponent early game. If you see your jungler about to gank and your support gets off CC, you can be confident you will get a kill. Either condemn them to the wall or if they flash you can silver bolt them twice, tumble + ignite. Don't condemn them away obviously and be aware that the enemy you're ignoring (be it the support or the ADC) will likely be targeting you.

Boomslice

11-10-2012

Honestly watch ANY Double Lift Vayne game. You'll learn a ridiculous amount from watching him.

I'd say he's the best Vayne player in NA, if not the world. Most other professional ADC players tend to pick other champs that are stronger early.

It's all about farm and mechanics honestly. Know how to farm, know when to back off and when to push up and fight and you'll be fine.

Mynt

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieronymus Bosch View Post
AA > tumble backwards is your poke

OR if they're playing like pussies AA tumble AA AA (proc w) is your poke

don't hesitate to use ult or e
This is how you do it.

If you ever manage to get a health advantage, don't be scared to just pop R and make them run. Remember that you are a right clicker. Spells, even Tumble, tend to stall your DPS. It's not like mages where it's a contest to push all of the buttons as fast as possible. I think Vayne players get too active, when sometimes you just need to chill and the let the kills happen.