Riven or Nocturne

Riven 54 57.45%
Nocturne 40 42.55%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Riven Vs. Nocturne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3darknight10

11-10-2012

-

3darknight10

11-10-2012

Bump.

Crumblerumble

11-10-2012

quit bumping your thread your question has been answered, if you want to do more research look up guides.

If you want do be able to do both those roles effectively Riven Her jungle is very snowballish and depends on successful ganks, while her solo top is kinda similar in beating her lane opponent

if you want a stronger jungler and a non serious, solo top go Nocturne.

Cronovey

11-10-2012

If you're really having trouble deciding just based on where they excel, then look at their kits and your playstyle. Riven is more of a jumpy engage/hit/disengage type champion, while Nocturne is more of an in-your-face type champion because he has to engage and fear his target and throw some autoattacks in to get some damage done, while Riven primarily deals her damage with her abilities and hits here and there with her passive.

You also have to consider your reflexes. Can you get that clutch spellshield for Nocturne, or would you prefer the more passive shielding of Riven that also functions as a gap closer?

Will you ever be taking these champions into other lanes? Both are potential mid lane champions as well who have decent counterpicks, but as a mid I'd say Nocturne would be the better of the two because of his roam potential with his ultimate and the easy access to blue buffs from mid. He also has a better ranged harass ability with his Q while Riven must get in and fight. But then, as a potential support champion (rare as it may be) you also have to look at Riven being manaless but potentially taking farm with her Q/W to harass, or Nocturne having mana to contend with but also having a better hard CC with his fear as well as spellshield to block incoming abilities that may hit your AD carry.

The choice will be yours in the end based on playstyle and what you do most often or how much flexibility you want.

OTG Squeeky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Riven, although that might be a bias answer considering how many games I have played with Riven.

Taco the Dragon

11-10-2012

Heres something that could help you.

Nocturne is a champion that casts Paranoia, jumps to them, and kills them seconds later with TONS OF DAMAGE. He is like Yi, but more awesome. His combo goes as Q then E or the other way around. His Shroud is very trolly as it blocks ANY ability.
Riven is more of a run up to people, punch them in the face and tank for the fights. Her damage is lower than Nocturne, but makes up for it in tankiness.

Charlie460

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPyro View Post
Nocturne's the better jungler, Riven is the better solo top.
Exactly.

Well, I play both, but I've played more nocturne (145-128 in season 2 ranked) and I would never solo top with him. I have played riven enough, but I do not main her like I do with noct.

- Nocturne is mana dependant, riven doesnt even require mana. So nocturne needs blue buff early levels.
- Nocturne makes better use of red, due to his skill set. He has better cc with his fear.
- Nocturne has better ganks, due to his ultimate and his spell shield.
- Nocturne clears the jungle faster and has a lifesteal passive to help him jungle...
- Riven has a better burst for a top lane fight, the low cd of his shield and her mobility makes her really good in a 1 vs 1 battle. If the opponent freezes the lane, with riven u can dive, with noct its harder.
- Nocturne strenght is mid game.
- Riven strenght is equal all game.
- U can snowball with riven top, u can have better control on the lane than with nocturne. If u are losing ur lane top, u can easily get denied from minions with noct, but with riven, u still can farm well.

Salamander Joe

11-10-2012

daaaarrrrrrkkkknnnnessssssssss

3darknight10

11-12-2012

I'm going to buy Riven, Thanks guys for helping me.
But what are Riven masteries, runes and what items does she get?