Thoughts on new TT map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turdling

11-10-2012

I'm quickly noticing what I see as a problem with the Alter mechanic in the new TT map, which is that it seems to just make the winning team dominate harder. And once one team begins to dominate it seems like it is very hard for the other team to take one Alter, let alone two.

I don't know if this has already been discussed, or if it is the intended design of the map, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

Anyone else notice this as well?

Thanks for your input.

lirm

11-10-2012

I haven't play LoL since June, apart from seven or so AI games to get the hang of the new 3v3 map (I hate fives). But I can already see the Alter mechanic as being a problematic snowballing machine.

I reckon one alter where the speed buff is would be alright and instead of being "activated" until it is re-taken, once captured it should buff you're team in much the same way the old red buff/blue buff did with transferable buffs. Even if the result of the buff is the same (bonus gold damage) it would still help to not snowball a team as much. And the timers could be tweaked to not emphasise early game fights (or even have a little mob boss protecting it).

Problem is they'd have to redesign the middle of the map and I can't see Riot putting that much effort into fixing it as opposed to letting the current TT players give up and go back to 5s and letting the new ones who never played it before liking it and being their new fan base.

Boagster

11-10-2012

It's the #2 complaint of the map. The #1 complaint is that it's not the old TT.

I think they need to tone down the two-altar buff a little. I don't think it needs as drastic of a change as many people believe.

FiM DitzyDoo

11-10-2012

I just found out kassa can jump over the basewalls behind the nexus. that kinda sucks, since the bases are desinged in a way that getting in (or from the plattform to the nexus) takes quite long.