TT, bruisers friendly map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korsyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

So I tried to win this map playing a normal champ, like Cayt, Annie, TF etc...but every time, I end up being against 2 or 3 bruisers on the opposite team and guess what? They're owning. Two matches ago I was against a Wuu Kong, Xin-Zhao and a Darius. Now tell me, what can you possible do to those 3 combined in this tiny map? Nothing. I was instant dead (being Annie and stunning them with Tibbers) and my teammates followed short after (they were Ezreal and Darius). After being aced they rushed and won. And this was @ lvl 12 or 14. Many matches ahead I confronted with the same problem, just because I believed that is not a requirement to play a bruiser on this map, but I was mistaken and thus, lost.

So what I ask is to retake this map in the alpha or wtvr and make so that not only a class of champs can play it and own, hm? Can't pick an AD or AP champ cause the others say "oooh, go tank, we all are". Make it a bit bigger, remove/change those altars. Put the 10% dmg buff on the spider boss and leave the altars for hp/mana regen. This way you will risk a lot if you want that 10% dmg increase. Boss + enemy players is no good. Also remove some of those brushes...for a map that small, they are too many. I know it's 3v3 and is meant not to last long, but being rushed by bruisers doesn't make the game fun, just annoying.

Thanks for reading this and give a thought on what I wrote please.

lirm

11-10-2012

TT has always benefitted the bruisers because in a small map they don't take much skill or coordination to use well and have a lot of life to stick out team fights.

BUT

As good as they are for TT, they are only for people who either aren't the best, or are playing solo q.

If you know what you are doing with team compositions (and have a 3 man pre-made) they are not the be-all-end-all. Infact, there was a point there where I never lost a PvP game with Ashe in my premade no matter how many bruiser teams we played. Just gotta know what your doing and be alert, which most people can't seem to do.

mustardstains

11-10-2012

The lack of squishies has alot more to do with the amount of players than the map itself. In SR It's mostly just peel and protect the squishy carries for anyone who's not mid or adc.

SaveTheMaids

11-10-2012

Bruisers being strong on TT is nothing new.

If you're playing blind pick then just pick a champion that you don't have to depend on a stranger to protect you with. Because once it gets to late game, even the best peelers in the game will have trouble saving you from a Singed, Shyvana, Jax, Mundo, Olaf, Irelia, etc... that decided to focus you first.

If you must pick a ranged ADC, I would choose someone that scales insanely hard into late game (such as Vayne or Tristana). Caitlyn imo isn't a very good pick on TT. Unless she did well early, she's not going to be much better later if the enemy team has durable champions that can close the gap quickly.

TF is fine because he is very versatile build-wise, AoE slow and/or stun on 4 sec CD, can split-push like a boss, global vision/teleport, and can even build tanky.

Annie isn't bad either if you can play her. I've seen some Annies completely turn games around with a well landed stun/ult. She can build a bit tanky as well and she has a shield to help mitigate focus-fire.

Though the new map is a little worse in this regard, TT has always favored bruisers/tanks.
You can either choose a bruiser/tank or just get better with your favorite squishy champion to the point that you can play against nearly anyone with them.

I know 2 people that only play Vayne and Heimerdinger on TT (in blind pick no less) and they've always done just fine.
I can't help but feel that half of these people complaining about tankiness on 3s are just new and not even trying to adjust.