Season 3 Item List Spoiler/Guide

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
The current order of reduction is Flat then Percent; we've not been told this has changed. It's only Penetration we've been told about. It's likely people are confusing the two; or have assumed.
This right here is the issue. Sometime during Season 1, there were Riot posts declaring that the order was % Redux -> Flat Redux. Since then, there have not been any changes to the order that I've been aware of. And yet, your Wiki states Flat Redux -> % Redux. Recently I've been having people try to correct me on the subject, when, as far as I know, this has never been changed.

So which is it?

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
So which is it?
All that I know is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Today I’m going to talk about Armor Penetration and its effects on the scaling of our Attack Damage Casters class.

1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration

For example: Let’s say I have 50% Armor Penetration and 20 Flat Armor Penetration versus a target with 120 Armor.
Currently, on Live, I would ignore 20 of his armor via Flat Penetration (100) and then 50% of the remainder, leaving him with 50 Armor.
After this change, I would ignore 50% of his armor (60) and then 20 of the remainder, leaving him with 40 armor.

In this manner, we can make sure that penetration values can be cost-effective for both late game and early game because now you have an option to synergize the two statistics together if you need to pierce large amounts of armor.

Black Cleaver reduces the opponent’s armor.

Let’s look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their armor will now be 180. Flat Penetration would now apply, leaving their effective armor at 170.

IonDragonX

11-15-2012

Nerf to Zeal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
[aws2=news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/Item_Shop_EN.jpg]news/November_2012/2012_11_15_Item_Shop_and_HUD_Updates/Item_Shop_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

IonDragonX

11-15-2012

Nerf to Catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post

IonDragonX

11-15-2012

Morello Just made a huge post on how the PBE is going to change for testing these new Season 3 ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

IonDragonX

11-16-2012

With the BPE being updated, there is a LOT of new information being data mined. Please keep in mind that it can still be changed.

Do you want me to update this list with that information? Click HERE to see the amount of new stuff.

Reply or upvote if you want me to do it. There is so much data now that I need some feedback that this is worth the effort.

Intellectional

11-16-2012

DFG and Warmog's nerfs... wat.

IonDragonX

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellectional View Post
DFG and Warmog's nerfs... wat.
Wasn't me. I'm just reporting.

The DFG was too popular to remove but Morello wanted it gone. This reworks it so that little is left of the Active, but it is a good non-mana regen AP + CDR item.

ZzZombieDreams

11-16-2012

wont getting rid of madred's bloodrazor nerf kog?. just saying the new sword has a reducing effect based on current health, which will cripple the whole "shave" potential of kog. in doing so will be harder finish off a champion. I can see using the active to grab kills but the active on blade of the ruined king is at a closer range and to use it would put you in danger. this kind of takes away kog's unique-ness at being a long range ad and makes me sad . If blade of the ruined king had a lower % gain on the active and the % shave was changed to max health i could seeing that be equally effective and less bruiser oriantated and more useful to a larger range of champions

IonDragonX

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzZombieDreams View Post
wont getting rid of madred's bloodrazor nerf kog?. just saying the new sword has a reducing effect based on current health, which will cripple the whole "shave" potential of kog
No. The BotRK will work just fine with him because he has access to Hurricane for team fights and Sword of the Divine for single target death.

12345678 ... 11