black cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

... is god dam useless. 7.5% per stack does nothing. only if the enemy build over 200 armor... this hurts cuz i can no longer do load of damg to carries

DarkenDragon

12-04-2012

first off, this is an ad caster item now, it has both % and flat Pen and now that % is applied first, your gonna see the possibility to reduce someone's armor down to almost nothing. BIG boon there.

plus it now has cooldown reduction, and everything AD caster wants.

also according to the tool tip, it says its applied when phyiscal damage is applied. doesnt say single target ability and auto attacks. and since its meant for AD casters, I would assume it works with aoe abilities too whenever it does damage. so think of a panthon using heart seeker applying this to all enemies and then others coming in to do aoe physical damage to do massive damage.

also thats 7.5% per stack upto 4, thats 30% armor reduction.

this is huge especially with aoe dotting physical damage like heart seeker on panthon or justice on garen.

though if I am mistaken and its only applies on hit and single target attacks, thats still fairly high, with it being 15% in most cases.

IonDragonX

12-04-2012

This is exactly the kind of response that was predicted. Some people will totally panic for no reason because they get information overload.

Vuther

12-04-2012

If you wish to place the hurt upon carries, get Last Whisper instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
though if I am mistaken and its only applies on hit and single target attacks, thats still fairly high, with it being 15% in most cases.
Not mistaken at all. All physical damage.

DarkenDragon

12-04-2012

so yea, if thats true, aoe physical dots will cause this item to stack those bad boys really quickly. a must have on garen and pantheon then

Artyk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Black Clever is OP now, it is even PASSIVE, and not Unique Passive.... : / OP as ****.

PRIME LTD

12-04-2012

OP is n00b

BriefEternity

12-04-2012

Spin 2 win is makin a comeback.

Autocthon

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
If you wish to place the hurt upon carries, get Last Whisper instead.

Not mistaken at all. All physical damage.
This depends on whether you're a burst caster or a sustained caster.

The closer to an Assassin you are the worse Black Cleaver is, the closer to a fighter you are the better it is. Last whisper is still better for carries over BC due to efficiency.

Urgot? Build Black Cleaver.
Rengar? Build last whisper.
Kha'zix/Pantheon? Could go both ways.

Hint: It has a lot to do with scalars.

Yeroban

12-04-2012

So far I've witnessed it on Riven, Talon, and Pantheon, and so far they've all done really well with the item. Almost too well. I think Riot needs to consider scaling it back a bit. Its price per stat, especially on the AD (double that of Brutalizer), and the price for the amazing passive that procs from anything (even aoe), seems rather low. Also I think some sort of internal cooldown on the application of stacks is in order. Something minor, like max 1 per .5 seconds. That allows champions to still lower armor rather quickly, but it makes ad casters put slightly more effort into it, causing champion abilities like Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike, and Talon's Ultimate, apply stacks less quickly than they currently do. I don't want to cripple AD caster's back to where they were, but I feel the current BC puts them in too good of a position.