How to make the last push?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuiltyGecko

11-09-2012

My team and I keep getting 1 game away from gold, and then losing. Does anyone have any helpful advice for us? We typically play Cho Riven and Garen, and that got us to where we are, but it just doesn't seem to push us over the edge.

So ya, any suggestions?

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

cho/garen is a strong combo. The double ultimate basically kills anyone

I would pick someone else besides riven. She isn't the greatest compared to other bruisers.

Try going olaf. You need a real "carry"

Riven/cho can not carry a team like olaf

This also works with jax/darius

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Your team lacks an AD auto-attacking powerhouse. Cho and Garen are obviously combo-based champions, the same is said for Riven, which means you have a lot of downtime in your damage dealing. As getonmehlvl mentioned, champions like Jax/Olaf/Shyvanna/Jayce bring the combos and the autos; they can 'hard carry' your team, especially when it comes to tower pushing (which is a big deal given the new consumable potions that boost turret damage). Darius is just Darius tier, and he should be permabanned, but obviously if he isn't banned, grab him too.

GuiltyGecko

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonmehlvl View Post
cho/garen is a strong combo. The double ultimate basically kills anyone

I would pick someone else besides riven. She isn't the greatest compared to other bruisers.

Try going olaf. You need a real "carry"

Riven/cho can not carry a team like olaf

This also works with jax/darius
Alright, ill try to get Jax if he isn't banned.

Draktok

11-10-2012

bench riven and i'll play vayne for you guys to gold. She'll still get gold if you have 5 wins together.

GuiltyGecko

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktok View Post
bench riven and i'll play vayne for you guys to gold. She'll still get gold if you have 5 wins together.
If that was possible, it would be awesome XD. My teammates are asleep at the moment, but I can add you later.