@riot, why are you removing jungle leash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

E0L

11-10-2012

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

how is this a helpful change, i cant wrap my brain around this one.
are you trying to completely force out slow junglers for more high burst single target ones?
please explain to me how junglers like nautilus will still be viable? not only is he an aoe jungler who has a difficult clear in the current jungle which will only worsen in the new one, but he can not even do a clear without a rather strong leash from his team.
i thought that maybe the answer to this was within the new jungle items but you only said that mage and ad caster junglers are getting help.

so please explain this one to me.

And it was K

11-10-2012

If you get counter jungled, you can position so the mobs will attack the counter jungler.

Anyway, removing leashing isn't as bad as you make it sound. You can still have someone stand on it to take a beating, and you can still have people wear it down for you. Of course, since this is going to be less gank oriented, you can start with a shirt/machete and 5 sodas for those with a brutal early clear.

Yuan Shikai

11-10-2012

Thew new basic jungle item can be built into two items, one of which is catered to AD junglers and one of which is catered to tanks, so your assessment that only mages and ad caster junglers are getting help is wrong.

RoyalSequence

11-10-2012

this is just going to make me personally more aggressive as I know the other jungler will be at a lower % HP. .

Walram Amani

11-10-2012

If they attack the closest thing...then how about you just stand back, let the leasher hit it and then go in once it's at a decent distance...srslybro...

The SHP

11-10-2012

i'm fine with it. People will stop providing one-shot leashes in favor of sticking around to deal some extra damage (which is and will continue to be much more favorable to the jungler, especially to the 'slow' junglers)

Skaliton

11-10-2012

it isn't to help the jungler so much as consistency..someone can still help you damage the first camp before the minions come but now they can do so without "cheating" the game mechanics (pretty much for those who don't know it is entirely possible to lock blue golem from ever attacking anything)

Brownie42

11-10-2012

Honestly its probably because of the re-leashing bugs they always have. Riot programmers tend to leave something to be desired, maybe this is their band-aid solution?

LazerChalice

11-10-2012

leashing is not totally abolished if positioned for example at the blue golem exactly behind it and the jungler is at the bush then it is considered that the leasher is nearer and will aim for the leasher. This also opens up new jungling possiblities for example you can position your self in a way it will attack the counter jungle instead.

Junglers in season 2 were also way to strong darien from m5 when using shyvanna and would get a good leash and not smite his red and saving the smite for chopping of a wraith or stealing blue early on is quite unfair

Statik also said that there would be new jungle items so its not really a bad thing you ideally just take more damage and have the same / faster clear times.