A open discussion on Elo Hell (Experienced players requested)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcrobaticApricot

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatrosspro View Post
Totally agreed. I watched the stream for a bit but turned it off when he tried to defend the cs. I'm playing in the 1100s now and it has taken me literally hundreds of games to get to a point where I -think- I can pretty soon carry out for real. CS is just about the biggest thing. Consistently hitting at the VERY LEAST 150 in 20 minutes is a must.
Absolutely not.

Last hitting correctly is an awful thing to be skilled in if you want to get out of low Elo. The thing that people don't understand about CS is that it is relative to the amount of skirmishes that occur within your lane and outside of it; skirmishes that can result in kills and objectives. Your interest as a player who is better than their opponents is to force many winning skirmishes; you generally are ahead because of your superior play and have kills on your lane opponent already, giving your team an advantage.

If I just sat in my lane I could get 180 at 20 easily, but why would I want to do that when I could have the game won by then? Farming it out only lessens your impact on the game since you won't be a factor til the laning phase is done.

As the mid, you should never sit in lane and farm, go shove to tower and gank. When I was in the 1200s I could just kill the other mid over and over but why would I want to do that when he only gives 150 gold and I could get other lanes ahead? I got to gold playing primarily Ahri, my average CS with her was awful (126 a game) because I repeatedly forced skirmishes rather than playing passively and farming.

DrEvilJanitor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I am streaming

natemiddleman2

11-11-2012

Elo hell does exist but it only exists between 1000 and 1400 elo. There is just too much variation in the skill level there to be able to consistently carry. The reason why so many people think elo hell exists is because this is where the highest percentage of players are. When I first started playing ranked I fell to 800 elo. I was so bad. Here is what I did to carry myself.

1. Smartcast - this makes reaction times so much faster and will save you so often if you use it
2. Figure out what your weaknesses are - I suck at skillshots and positioning so I stopped playing squishy champs.
3. Figure out your strenghts - I have great map awareness and initiation so I play tanky jungle and top champs with stong initiates such as Amumu, Malph, Hec, Skarner, Singed, Wu
4. Find the champ you are best at and play him as often as possible - For me it is Amumu and I have a 60%+ win percentage with him with over 250 games.
5. DO NOT PLAY SUCKY CHAMPS - http://www.lolking.net/champions/ ex Karma, Syndra, and Elise have the lowest win rates of all the champs so DO NOT PLAY THEM UNTIL THEY GET BUFFED unless you know you will get a 50%+ win rate. Vayne is probably the only negative win rate champ I would recommend playing if you are great with her. Not good, great.

With these steps I climbed from 800 elo to Gold. Go Victorious Janna!

DrEvilJanitor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Streaming

DrEvilJanitor

11-11-2012

Streaming

DrEvilJanitor

11-11-2012

streaming