A open discussion on Elo Hell (Experienced players requested)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrEvilJanitor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

The stream is still up.

DrEvilJanitor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

We are back after a two minute break with snacks.

lolSeb

11-10-2012

1200-1800 would be "ELO Hell" Best variety of trolls/afks/mega super tryhards/ragers etc

DrEvilJanitor

11-10-2012

Stream is down for the night, might show up later

INnominate

11-10-2012

Stream is back online!

Purgation

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyyt6 View Post
Not really a topic of discussion. Elo hell is a mentality, it's an excuse to not remove the glass ceiling above your head.

I started out 3 wins, ended up going 8-20 win/loss. 800 elo, I thought everyone I played with was terrible.

Did some LOL soul searching, improved my gameplay, and carried myself out.

Now I'm 1850 elo give or take. This isn't my final step, just for this season. I truly believe at this very moment I'm about a 1950 player maybe even 2k, not diamond though.

Elo hell exists for those who create it. Remove the glass ceiling.
How many games did it take?

INnominate

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvilJanitor View Post
Hello and, welcome to what i hope will end the question of, "Does elo hell exist?" First, i am going to have to define what i have found elo hell to be and, iron out a few simple rules.
-Elo hell is the idea that someone above the skill level of the elo they are currently at is unable to carry to a higher elo. That said player no matter what he does will be unable to carry to the elo his skill level is equal to.

In this discussion, i will not allow the "Well if you would play AP mid 100% of the time" argument as, this entirely supports the argument in favor of elo hell. It claims that a 2k elo top player could not carry out of 1400 elo because he is not a AP mid player.

- TIPS ARE WELCOME
- GUIDES TO PLAY THE GAME BETTER ARE WELCOME
- POSTING IN THE THREAD OR, ASKING QUESTIONS ON THE LIVE STREAM ARE WELCOME AND, WILL BE ANSWERED
- THE LIVE STREAM CHAT WILL GET A FASTER RESPONSE
-ASK ME TO CHANGE MY MUSIC

I will be starting a live stream to supply something as a base for the discussion. The purpose of the live stream will be so that a player that has reached a higher elo can point out how he or, she would in the situation of the people on the live stream would have handled it. This will also provide evidence to those that claim certain games are un-winable and, because i will endeavor to stream every game i and, the co-streamers are playing it will allow for a base of how the average game goes down at 1200 elo.
-ASK ABOUT BECOMING A CO-STREAMER
`````````````````````````````````
http://www.twitch.tv/exterrex
`````````````````````````````````
TL;DR : I am streaming elo hell matches, tell me if you would be able to win them and, how.
ITT- Does Elo hell exist
---------------------------------------------------------
THE DISCUSSION SO FAR
While some have tried to make the counter argument that they reached a high elo from a low elo None of them have provided any evidence as to how they did it and, could not point out any mistakes made on the live stream. This makes them only support the argument that elo is random and, is not based on skill.

--------------------------------------------------------
THE IDEA OF ELO HELL STILL STANDS

DrEvilJanitor

11-10-2012

Stream online

DrEvilJanitor

11-10-2012

Just going to run pure mid for a bit

Fubby2

11-10-2012

Honestly if you belong at a higher elo you will get there.You opinion will not change no matter what people say, so...

Lets assume everyone in your "Elo hell" is worse than you. You that means your team will have 1 goodie, and 4 baddies, where their team has 5 baddies.

Statistically, elo hell CAN exist, but can be escaped by playing the game.