Mordekaiser QOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turulHAARP

11-13-2012

bump

Zeramus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KImre View Post
It's not exactly a QoL change but a straight buff.However i think it would nice to see this but in other form.

Ghosts auto attack deal half of the original(3rd of the original,no dmg at all) dmg but you can use the ghosts QWE abilities?

This way the ghost can give morde the so much needed utility in the duration while the ghost is up.However this way the duration could be increased in case of dealing very little auto attack dmg to trade for the usable abilities.

All in all my suggested changes are the following:

- Either Morde gets the ghost with the current mechanic as now.If the enemy dies he gets a ghost.In this case the ghosts auto attack dmg is greatly reduced but can use the ghosts QWE abilities WITH restrictions.

-Other Option:
Morde immediately spawns a ghost of the choosen target but the ghost DOES NOT grant Mordekaiser ANY BONUS stat and vica versa(the ghost won't gain bonus stats) but CAN use the ghosts QWE abilitiy.
The ghost's HP and AP is greatly reduced(halfed??) as well to prevent 6v5 teamfights where you just cast it on the enemy tank and automatically win the teamfight.
However in this case ghost's autoattack deals the original value though this can be reduced too if necessary.
The duration is increased to ensure multiple uses of the ghost's abilities.
So here we get an immediate ghost which has reduced HP,AP but it's reliable since you will get it every time and WILL garantee the utility he needs in teamfights.
Though this utility can be more dmg or CC.

Further adjustments can be done to it:
-The ghost appears next to Morde after 1.5/2 seconds of the cast to allow the enemy player/team to react to it and give them the chance of counterplay.
-If autoattacks deal the original amount they WON'T grants morde bonus shield regen (this in the case of AD carry ghosts)however the ghost's abilties would grant shield without any penalty.

TL;DR:
1.You get the ghost after the target dies.Ghost's auto attacks deal greatly reduced dmg.This can be half of the original amount or even lower.But can use the ghost's QWE abilities WITH penalty.This penalty can be increased cd or lowered dmg on the ghost's abilities.However Morde gains bonus stats and his ghost too.

2.You get the ghost(immediately after the cast or after 1-2 seconds).
This ghost is made from glass as it's HP is halfed and the AP is halfed too to prevent 500 AP mage ghosts.Mordekaiser DOES NOT gain bonus stats from ghost and vica versa.However in this case auto attacks deal the original amount GRANT shield and can use the ghost's QWE abilities which will also grant shield without any penalty.

I think whatever option we get would be better than the current implementation as it is quite binary...

Thoughts?
I like this idea, but I think it takes away from the rewarding feel of killing an enemy and really turning the fight in your favor. But whatever is done to his ult, I still think the rest of his kit needs a lot of love.

I think the armor and magic resist of his W should get buffed, more to the level of Galio's Bulwark perhaps.

I also think it'd be nice to see his E siphon movement speed from enemy champions hit, stealing movement speed similar to Malphite's Q. Giving him a little bit of utility while giving him some lane safety.

And last, I think his spells costing health is a little unnecessary, considering he's never very safe in lane to begin with.

I'm not saying he needs all of these, but I think most can agree his kit needs something to bring him back. He just feels old

turulHAARP

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeramus View Post
I like this idea, but I think it takes away from the rewarding feel of killing an enemy and really turning the fight in your favor. But whatever is done to his ult, I still think the rest of his kit needs a lot of love.

I think the armor and magic resist of his W should get buffed, more to the level of Galio's Bulwark perhaps.

I also think it'd be nice to see his E siphon movement speed from enemy champions hit, stealing movement speed similar to Malphite's Q. Giving him a little bit of utility while giving him some lane safety.

And last, I think his spells costing health is a little unnecessary, considering he's never very safe in lane to begin with.

I'm not saying he needs all of these, but I think most can agree his kit needs something to bring him back. He just feels old
I don't think he can receive any kind of buff,QoL change to QW or E until the ultimate works as now.Currently it's too binary,either you get the ghost and destroy the enemy team easily or won't get the ghost and will be practically useless.
Only thing i agree with is the movement speed siphon.He lacks mobility and CC.And since 2 of his spell deals dmg in melee he should have something that allows to move around a bit faster.

Zeramus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I do agree his ult is too binary in it's current state

Nishaven90

11-14-2012

I don't think there's anything wrong with Mordekaiser's ultimate. To fix the mobility problem, maybe when he uses Q he could get bonus movement speed?

Kaze Tryckster

11-14-2012

I have a question. How would Mordekaiser be if they made him a costless champion, as in no health or mana costs to his abilities, but he still gets his shield?

RockJockey

11-14-2012

Everything in this thread has been said before and there are better and comprehensive threads than this on the state of Mordekaiser. Mordekaiser needs a tune-up. Something has to change to make him easier to use.

WIthout health costs, Mordekaiser would be more viable and able to survive in lane, instead of having to fight against his own kit to stay alive.

Surviving levels 1-6 is hard enough. Mordekaiser's global taunt to gets him Chain CCed to death in every teamfight. It's not a matter of damage, Mordekaiser has enough damage, its just the way his kit works that makes playing him frustrating. His lack of CC and escape makes playing him very high risk with little benefit, unless he can get his ghost.

Bumping Kimre's post. Using Children of the Grave on an opponent and they simply run away, especially in the middle of a teamfight, is a waste of an ultimate. Usually they live though it too. If you could get an enemy ghost copy when you ult an enemy, this would make Mordekaiser more viable.

Beaumains

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Well, Malzahar comes close since his two main damage spells are targeted DoTs, but other than that...
Correction: Malzahar's three main damage spells are (effectively) targeted DoTs; 40-60% health is a lot.

GFireflyE

11-14-2012

His ultimate is fine. Just target the AD properly and you can easily win 1vs4 confrontations.
Taking a tank with the ulti also has it's uses as it usually means the opponents just lost two towers.

IMO, only thing that needs to be added to Morde's kit is a slow attached to the Creeping Death damage. Having absolutely zero cc on this champ makes for some very difficult game play situations.

turulHAARP

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFireflyE View Post
His ultimate is fine. Just target the AD properly and you can easily win 1vs4 confrontations.
Taking a tank with the ulti also has it's uses as it usually means the opponents just lost two towers.

IMO, only thing that needs to be added to Morde's kit is a slow attached to the Creeping Death damage. Having absolutely zero cc on this champ makes for some very difficult game play situations.
No,his ultimate is not fine because of the reason you wrote.Just target the AD yeah,AD carry has QSS and nullifies the ultimate or you get the ghost and annihilate the enemy team.