Leaving the Game aka AFK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

northkoreadabest

08-27-2013

Riot, I usually never post on forums, but I feel like this issue NEEDS to be resolved/addressed in some way or another.

I am nothing but a humble League player, and enjoys his few games everyday. I come home from work today, and queue up in ranked solo. My team composition is going great, everyone has their roles they want, no one is complaining. As soon as we enter the game, I Lolnexus them to see my teammates' ranking, runes, masteries, etc. I noticed our Xin Zhao is Diamond 5. I'm thinking to myself "cool, Xin has some exp under his belt, we have a high chance at winning." As soon as the game starts, he takes red, then afks/d/cted. We play out our lanes as normal, hoping he would reconnect. 10 mins in, nothing. We give up the game at 14 mins, because fighting a 4v5 was honestly too hard. We were outnumbered, and got tower dove for days. I look up his Xin Zhao's match history, and every ranked game he played was 1 week apart. I honestly believe he joined the game, and left to prevent his account from decaying out of Diamond 5. How exactly is that fair to the rest of us who acutally want to attain higher tiers? We get screwed cause people just don't care about others, and is precisely why I dislike this community. Is there anything that can be done to punish players more heavily that just give up or afk in a game?

P.S. I was Gold 3 with 0 points, and with that game, I got demoted to Gold 4

Zaphery

08-27-2013

That xin should be demoted all the way down to Bronze for that kind of attitude. Ranked league gets reset next season so I don't see why he even bothers if he doesn't even want to play the game...

Armstice

08-28-2013

For the border, bro.