Make a Champ w/ FarahBoom!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

necrid417

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Lenora, Acolyte of the Void
Lenora, Acolyte of the Shadow Isles

potential names? ^

uberfamous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Meow.

GabrielaSiete

11-10-2012

Interesting balance factor for making her Shadow's attack ridiculously strong: her Shadow attacks when she does but it only has a range of melee and will attack the closest enemy (of course, it prioritizes champions)

With a melee focused damage source, she'd need to be a lot more tanky than I'd originally envisioned but if she was more of a Rumble than a Malzahar she'd be none the worse for wear.

The pull would make a lot more sense on her if it was... and maybe if she has some sort of pillar CC, pulling enemies through the pillar could be an interesting wya for her to deal damage.

Osprii

11-10-2012

I just had a different idea. What if the monster was the champion and the girl was the pet?
I’m thinking that the monster is some sort of parasite from the void (which the girl may have summoned) and the girl is his host, who he has total control of. She isn’t a pet, exactly, because she can’t deal or take damage. However, she plays a large part in the monster’s abilities and combos. He can dash back to her, and depending on her placement, this can be a gap closer or a form of escape for the monster. His play style would rely heavily on making sure the girl, or host, is in the right place for him to use his combo.
Oh, and he would be a hybrid. He stacks ok off of Ap, but doesn't have enough easy magic damage to only be able to stack AP. Plus, he gains bonus attack speed on some of his abilities.

I also partially incorporated the idea of a pull and impassable terrain like Jarvan’s ultimate. Except, in this case, it is sort of a push (like Poppy’s) when combined. The monster forms impassable “terrain” in a semi-circle around it, but the terrain is connected to the monster, so it can move enemies into a corner with the terrain, or dash back to its host, and drag the enemies with it. So, essentially, the monster IS pulling them back to the girl.

I was also thinking you could use a different type of resource, to match with the parasite theme. It’s in the second, alternative innate, and changes the play style a bit. However, it isn’t totally necessary to the idea, which is why I just put it down as an alternative.

Tell me if you like the ideas, Farah.

Quote:
Innate: Parasitic Connection
“The monster” gains bonus health regeneration depending on how close it is to its host. It can also control its host by pressing the alt key and right clicking on the field. The monster has 10+5*lvl health regeneration if the host is within 200 units of it, for every 100 units beyond that, the monster loses 10% of this bonus regeneration. The host can’t move farther than 1500 units from the monster, or she will teleport back to him.

Alternative Innate: Parasitic Connection
The monster uses his host’s life force to cast spells. He can also control her movement by pressing the alt key and right clicking on the field. The host’s life force is shown in a guage below his health bar, and caps at 100. It regenerates at a rate of 3 per second while the host is moving, and 5 per second while she is stationary. The monster’s basic attacks regenerate 4 units of life force, as well. If the gauge reaches 0 life force, his host will become unable to move until she gains back 30 units of life force, and the monster will not be able to move beyond 600 units from her during that time. While the host has Life Force, she can move anywhere within 1500 units of the monster.

Q: Return
The monster dashes back to his host, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 (+75% bonus AD) (+60% AP) physical damage to all enemies in his path, and knocking them into the air. If the monster is currently casting Shadow Arms, then it will drag enemies it collides with along the path, deal 50% extra damage, and stun them for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cost:40 mana or 18 life force

W: Void Gate
The monster transports his host through the void to a location within 1000 units of himself. This has a .5 second cast time, and a darkened spot upon the ground will indicate to enemies where she will arrive. Upon arrival, she expels energy from the void, dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+75% AP) magic damage to all enemies within 400 units and slowing them by 30/36/42/48/54% for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 for first innate, 7 seconds for the second
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana or 21 life force

E: Shadow Arms
The monster extends its essence in a curved wall, creating impassable terrain in a semi-circle with a 500 unit radius around itself. This terrain is connected to the monster, and moves with it. It lasts up to 6 seconds. Additionally, the monster gains +40/50/60/70/80% bonus attack speed for the duration of the spell.
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds for both innates
Cost: 60 mana or 32 life force

R: Demonic Apparition
The monster shows its true power, growing in size and gaining 30/45/60% attack speed, 20/30/40% life steal and spell vamp, and an aura that deals 40/65/90 (+20% AP) magic damage per second. This aura also lowers the magic resist and armor of enemies by 45/70/95. Upon entering this form, the monster sends out a wave of shadows that deal 75/150/225 (+80% AP) magic damage and fear enemies to flee him for 1/1.5/2 seconds. During this state, he must consume his host’s life force (or just mana) each second or he will revert back to his original form. After 2 seconds, he can press R again to leave this form.
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Cost: 30/45/60 mana per second, or 11 life force per second

FarahBoom

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
I just had a different idea. What if the monster was the champion and the girl was the pet?
Iím thinking that the monster is some sort of parasite from the void (which the girl may have summoned) and the girl is his host, who he has total control of. She isnít a pet, exactly, because she canít deal or take damage. However, she plays a large part in the monsterís abilities and combos. He can dash back to her, and depending on her placement, this can be a gap closer or a form of escape for the monster. His play style would rely heavily on making sure the girl, or host, is in the right place for him to use his combo.
Oh, and he would be a hybrid. He stacks ok off of Ap, but doesn't have enough easy magic damage to only be able to stack AP. Plus, he gains bonus attack speed on some of his abilities.

I also partially incorporated the idea of a pull and impassable terrain like Jarvanís ultimate. Except, in this case, it is sort of a push (like Poppyís) when combined. The monster forms impassable ďterrainĒ in a semi-circle around it, but the terrain is connected to the monster, so it can move enemies into a corner with the terrain, or dash back to its host, and drag the enemies with it. So, essentially, the monster IS pulling them back to the girl.

I was also thinking you could use a different type of resource, to match with the parasite theme. Itís in the second, alternative innate, and changes the play style a bit. However, it isnít totally necessary to the idea, which is why I just put it down as an alternative.

Tell me if you like the ideas, Farah.
Sounds very unique

I like the idea of her being the 'pet' rather than the shadow. I would kinda like to see both her and the shadow being necessary to cast spells, like 2 ori balls with extra risk with rewards to show for well placement.

I like the idea of being able to create a sort of Jarvan Ult as a basic ability aswell.

I think if we used a separate resource we will have to really sit back and crunch some data but it would be nice to add a new resource that doesn't feel clunky like Rengars.

I also really like the Q ability being able to draw a line in team fights with some nasty results with some smart positioning.

I like most of these ideas, im sure ill be incorporating atleast a few of them into her final setup

IS133bc4e39e464a10b821d

11-10-2012

For the lore, maybe a magician/summoner that was bedridden because of an accident made a deal with the creature so that he could move again for the price that he must do the creature's bidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahBoom View Post
This is just first draft concept art, i definitely don't expect her to stay like this, but overall this is what i'd like her to be like but of course details are ever changing
I see, I asked because I wanted to do something with the three heads on the creature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahBoom View Post
When i started designing her i had in mind that i wanted the shadow creature to protect her and i had 2 ideas for abilities, one being a skill shot shield, by extending her shadow allowing her to block moves for her team mates (Mystic shots, Charm, Ethereal Chains, etc.)
Q: Summons a part of the creature in the target area for x seconds fearing units near the target area for .5 seconds. champ and creature is immobile while summoned. Cast again to make the creature return.

The creature will serve as a shield and a wall at the same time, it would also work with this suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimVesperian View Post
Interesting balance factor for making her Shadow's attack ridiculously strong: her Shadow attacks when she does but it only has a range of melee and will attack the closest enemy (of course, it prioritizes champions)
If you'd go for the bedridden mage the skill could be an ammunition based for each head. And the champ will lose 33% movement speed per summoned creature.

FarahBoom

11-11-2012

I like the bedridden summoner making a pact to survive or be able to move, im sure that will make it into the lore.

FarahBoom

11-11-2012

bump

Osprii

11-11-2012

Another idea.

What if the ultimate of this champion allowed the player to switch control between the mage and the monster attached to her? It would be sorta like Jayce or Nidalee's ultimate, except for the fact that the monster would already be on the field, and could be moved before you took control of it. Like switching places with a pet.

I'll post a more detailed concept tomorrow.

FarahBoom

11-12-2012

bump