ad mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phánpy

11-10-2012

hey everyone, anyone know any good ad mid champs? Other then talon :P

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Pantheon works as a counterpick mid against certain characters (Kass, Gragas, Karthus comes to mind).
Riven works the same way as well.

Lee Sin can mid as well and Zed will probably be a good AD mid once he's released.

Going AD mid isn't really a big deal - most bruisers and AD casters can hold their own against most AP mids. The issue becomes having an AP carry on your team to make up the lost magic damage. You need an AP based top like Cho'gath, Vlad or Rumble or else the enemy team can easily itemize armor to shut your team down.

Germanking66

11-10-2012

Pantheon, in specific conditions, can actually be a good counter mid. He has a very good lv 2 laning presence and I feel that he would do well especially if he get MR quints or a Hex drinker. You'll have to deal with the lack of range but once you can get a grasp firmly onto the enemies throat, he can be fun. Other than that AD ranged isn't bad at all. Just make sure to abuse your range and auro attack damage starting from level 1. If you're going AD mid, I'd recommend having a Rumble, Vlad, or Morde top to help with your team's lack of magic damage.

Phánpy

11-10-2012

thanks

first time Vayne

11-10-2012

Cait is good mid because she has a long autoattack range which allows her to harass from farther back, still deals physically scaling ability damage with her Q, can control the lane with her traps, has a decent escape, and has a pretty intimidating ult when in a solo lane.

Most of the same goes for Ezreal as well.

first time Vayne

11-10-2012

Basically, just look for strong early poke. The factor which distinguishes ad champs from ap ones in power is the fact that ap champs scale best with experience while ad champs scale best with items (gold). This means that an equally-farmed ap champ will typically be more powerful than an ad one in early and mid game, before the ad champ gets items past his core ones. Thus, pick a champ with good poke for harass and farming -- basically, a strong early game presence.

Cait is good at this, as are Talon, Ez, and many others.

High Lord Bunny

11-10-2012

Graves can have good level fighting due to his passive and high burst, but he can fall off if you don't get farmed well enough.

Sivir has a spell shield and is built to pursue kills. She can be a little squishy and won't carry as hard as other champs.

Ezreal is highly mobile and has great early poke. He takes a certain true display of skill to play though.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

Tristana is a good mid. You can build her AP or AD, and there's nothing wrong building her AD in mid lane as long as the rest of your team has good AP damage. Tristana benefits from being in mid-lane because she's fairly vulnerable for the first few levels, mid is a good safe lane for Tristana to stay in, farm, and maximize her experience gain. Tristana gets very powerful with levels because it increases her auto-attack range.

I've been told Riven is also a good AD mid... I haven't seen it, haven't tried it, and don't necessarily understand it, but that's what I've been told.

first time Vayne

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I've been told Riven is also a good AD mid... I haven't seen it, haven't tried it, and don't necessarily understand it, but that's what I've been told.
I've done that before to good results. It's because she has good mobility in gap-closers and escapes, a stun, and gets pretty beefy with just a Doran's Blade or two and some magic resist. Bursty AP champs -- the meta -- have trouble effectively harassing a Riven, especially if she is used to dodging skill shots. It's pretty funny.