smurf banned? main banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Öutcast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

If someone gets banned on their smurf, their IP should be tracked and any summoner name that has logged on that IP address should also be banned.

thetaz

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The utcast View Post
If someone gets banned on their smurf, their IP should be tracked and any summoner name that has logged on that IP address should also be banned.

If someone is only trolling on one account, but being completely nice on the other one.

What is the problem?
Why should the account that is being NICE be banned?

What you are saying, I see as equivalent to this: If a guy smacks the police, his sentence should be the same as if he smacked a regular person.

Problem being, one offense is MUCH worse than the other.

Side note--
You have no idea why they are being "mean" on another account. Maybe they got trolled multiple games in a row, and want to vent it out without hurting their own account anymore. Maybe they had a bad day, and want to do something without the fear of losing it all. Maybe, you didn't think this through, at all.

User Invalid

11-10-2012

what about internet cafes? ...

Plageous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

i would agree with this except what about people who live together. for instance if i got banned and they banned all of the same accounts on this ip 2 of my friends would be banned as well just for living with me. what i could agree to would be banning all the accounts associated with a particular email but thats easy to get around.

KnightxSScarlett

11-10-2012

Just use a client ban that is accessed through computer ID. Take from Puzzle Pirates' exaple.

Mogjin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehtaz View Post
If someone is only trolling on one account, but being completely nice on the other one.

What is the problem?
Why should the account that is being NICE be banned?

What you are saying, I see as equivalent to this: If a guy smacks the police, his sentence should be the same as if he smacked a regular person.

Problem being, one offense is MUCH worse than the other.

Side note--
You have no idea why they are being "mean" on another account. Maybe they got trolled multiple games in a row, and want to vent it out without hurting their own account anymore. Maybe they had a bad day, and want to do something without the fear of losing it all. Maybe, you didn't think this through, at all.
First off, smacking a "normal person" and a police officer SHOULD be the same offence, in my opinion, so that analogy isn't too great. What YOU are saying is "it's okay to make a new account to troll with to avoid being banned".

Bottom line is, whatever your reason, you shouldn't be trolling. In fact if you have been trolled yourself surely that would make you understand how childish and mundane it can be and thus not troll other people. Maybe YOU didn't think this through, at all.

vulgarwolf

11-10-2012

you dont get banned for trolling, you get banend for AFK, harassing and intentionally feeding....now its apparent none of you even bother voting, or you would know this

Mogjin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post
you dont get banned for trolling, you get banend for AFK, harassing and intentionally feeding....now its apparent none of you even bother voting, or you would know this
Not sure what you mean by voting, I'm assuming you meant reporting, but anyway trolling can be a form of harassment. In LoL trolling generally refers to deliberately playing poorly, harassing your team, intentionally feeding, acting stupid like "how 2 smit enemy" whilst turret diving them at level 1, etc etc.

All of these things are bannable. Even building stupid items is report worthy, it falls under "assisting enemy team".

Nezo

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The utcast View Post
so if my brother gets banned, that means I should get banned too?

Nezo

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Just use a client ban that is accessed through computer ID. Take from Puzzle Pirates' exaple.
but what if they only have 1 computer in the house and multiple people play on it?