The new Blackfire torch is way to over powered

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terranlord

11-14-2012

Thats really useful

Tiberius77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Ha, I have yet to buy this item. Guess I need to.

Solid Rook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Yes. Yes you do. Try rumble's flamespitter with it. Then you will understand that yordle's maniacal laughter.

Martyrofsand

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
AoE's "disadvantage" is that it will burn faster; if you tag two opponents, charges will expend twice as fast.

The item will likely be unbalanced a bit. We'll use it as a springboard to make further changes. I generally prescribe to the theory of erring on the side of OP to increase adoption and play rates. This generates much more balance information. inb4 riot champion balance conspiracy... I don't work on champs!

I understand wanting to make the item strong so it gets played more but it just feels to me that someone should of caught this before it ever made it to live. I built this thing on Cassio and with just this I have completely burn through a Warwick, Cho'Gath, Amumu, Olaf, Darius, Singed, and pretty much every other tank champ like they where made of tissue paper.

At the least it really needs to cost more and not build from a GP5 the ability to rush it gives such a huge early game advantage on a map that is already won 90% of the time in the first 6 minutes.

Exodus180

11-17-2012

I"m confused.... why is everyone saying BFT passive lasts forever? you get hit once you take 3 seconds of dmg... it doesnt stay on you for however long you have charges.

also it's 5% over 3 seconds,3 seconds is a very long time to do 100dmg to a 2k hp champ.