The new Blackfire torch is way to over powered

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

11-10-2012

Nerf altars, perhaps? I think the gold buff is at a decent power level, but scaling that AD/AP buff down a bit could help a lot to bring the focus off the altars and back to destroying the enemy Nexus.

Boagster

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonmehlvl View Post
As far as i can tell they didn't keep the the 50% less dmg on AOE because it's off of a charge system.
This is their biggest mistake then. 50% reduction might be too much, but keeping the damage even is keeping the item awfully balanced in favour of AoE. 33% reduction, maybe?

Quote:
And 2 people having this on them for 20~ seconds is quite long fights usually don't last that long.
Yes, yes it is. If they don't reinstate the damage reduction, maybe at least slow/stop charges regenerating during combat?

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
This is their biggest mistake then. 50% reduction might be too much, but keeping the damage even is keeping the item awfully balanced in favour of AoE. 33% reduction, maybe?

Yes, yes it is. If they don't reinstate the damage reduction, maybe at least slow/stop charges regenerating during combat?

That could work.

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Nerf altars, perhaps? I think the gold buff is at a decent power level, but scaling that AD/AP buff down a bit could help a lot to bring the focus off the altars and back to destroying the enemy Nexus.
i would say just make the extra 4 gold for 1 kill a passive buff on TT that everyone gets.

Epictues

11-10-2012

O NOES MY POOR RYZE!!!!11

wtf they took out the mana buff to it.

Y RIOT Y!!!!!

getonmehlvl

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
O NOES MY POOR RYZE!!!!11

wtf they took out the mana buff to it.

Y RIOT Y!!!!!
Because the mana was only good on singed/ryze

Thats it.

I rather have magic pen over mana

Nebulous Vectis

11-10-2012

No wonder i've seen significant results with it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Charges are up to 25 and it only charges out of combat,, it has a 5secons cooldown before starting to charge.

Sevrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Where are you getting these numbers from? DoT burning for 25 seconds? What?

Do the charges now stack on the target? If I tap someone with 3 spells quickly, do they have burn for 15% of their health over 9 seconds?

From reading it, this looked like a balancing factor, only allowing you to burn a finite amount of people at a given time with AoE spells. I assumed one hit = 3 charges burned out over 3 seconds, or split between 3 people with 1 charge each, dissalowing you from stacking the buff on anyone, and preventing you from burning an entire team at the same time

Now that I think about it, the text about this item really doesn't explain how it works at all!

Boagster

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
Where are you getting these numbers from? DoT burning for 25 seconds? What?

Do the charges now stack on the target? If I tap someone with 3 spells quickly, do they have burn for 15% of their health over 9 seconds?

From reading it, this looked like a balancing factor, only allowing you to burn a finite amount of people at a given time with AoE spells. I assumed one hit = 3 charges burned out over 3 seconds, or split between 3 people with 1 charge each, dissalowing you from stacking the buff on anyone, and preventing you from burning an entire team at the same time

Now that I think about it, the text about this item really doesn't explain how it works at all!
We were talking theoretically. It still does not stack; it only refreshes if you land another spell on the target. It uses one charge per second per champion, meaning Galio's Righteous Smite (or any similar AoE) will use three charges after three seconds if it hits one enemy, six charges if it hits two enemies, nine if it hits three. No splitting.

So, yes, it was a balancing factor. But not so much for one-off AoEs, such as the above example. It's more a balancing factor for things like Amumu's Despair or Singed's Poison Trail. While they can still get a decent amount of ticks off from it (25 if fully charged; they don't regenerate during combat), it will run out quickly in a full teamfight. Assuming you hit them the entire time and never hit them with anything else, you'd only get 8 seconds on them (9 on one target; 11 on all of them if what getonmehlvl says about it still finishing it's duration even when out of charges). Still, that's a lot - 40% of max health before damage resistances.