Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No leash on jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuhmbo

11-09-2012

So in the new post about the new jungle, is says the camps will attack the things closest to it rather than the people that originally attacked them, does this mean no leashing..?

RavenRise

11-09-2012

Nope, no leashing.

But, the jungler can always hide in bush while a ranged champ draws the creeps away. Even though it says it attacks nearby people, i don't think creeps can target you if you are hidden in bush.....

playerwinner

11-09-2012

It means your going to have to tank it while mid / bottom or top attack it till its basically dead so then you can smite your 2nd buff.

first time Vayne

11-09-2012

I wonder if the new items will make the blue golem killable by the average champ at level one, making leashing unnecessary... That would be fine.

Although they also announced that the large monsters in each camp will get stat buffs. Hmmm.

first time Vayne

11-09-2012

In higher level games, though, traditional one-hit-and-leave leashes aren't even done. Everyone travels together until the golem is secured, attacking it together and everything. It's a very quick and painless procedure for all. Then people b back to base or head out to lanes.

Openings of games are easier this way, as invasions are both best done and prevented with the full team present. If you have everyone but your top laner in that bush when their whole team walks into it, you will lose badly because of how much damage autoattacks do proportionately at the beginning of the game. That's about 20% less damage output than them.

We should all try to emulate this style of play.

EDIT: In fact, I wonder if Riot is making this change in order to encourage this style of play. I wouldn't put it past them -- they're smart folks.

Sephïroth

11-10-2012

^ This.

In my normal games this is how it goes, everyone hits everything until they can get out of range of exp.

I like the change, as now accidental aggro will not be as annoying.

I also would like to see how this effects people when you target a minion and an enemy stands between you. Would be an awesome way to deal extra damage in those jungle fights.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

In every game I play, especially games where I've queued with a group of friends, mid laner and the lane closest to the buff I'm starting at all hit the monsters I'm starting with until they're almost dead making sure I take the gold.

The little bit of XP I lose is easily made up for. They leash wolves and blue, for example, I will go smite red, kill wraiths, and quickly gank at level 3. And even after the gank, I can make it through to the enemy red and gank him if my team is fast enough.

This change will only make average players leash more like the leashes seen in pro tournaments.