Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RiotNome, Season 2 reward borders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scazzaf

11-09-2012

I have a question regarding the season 2 rewards.
I am diamond ranked in 3v3 and gold ranked in 5s solo queue. I read that the loading screen borders will show the rank that you received in that particular queue, so I would get a diamond border in 3s, and a gold in solo which I'm ok with. I also read that your solo border will be the one that shows up in normal games. Now my question comes to this: which border will be shown for me when playing normal 3s games? I mean it makes sense for my solo border to show up in 5v5 games, but it wouldn't make sense for it to inaccurately reflect when I play 3v3s.

If you need me to clarify further, I'd be happy to because this has been bugging me for a while.

11/13 EDIT: The border you have in 3v3 normal games is your 5v5 solo queue border, this makes no sense Riot, please change it to your 3v3 ranked border.

EDIT 2: KEEP THIS THREAD BUMPING TO THE TOP SO IT WILL BE SEEN!

EDIT 3: MORELLO AGREES! (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31398836#31398836)

EDIT 4: WE DID IT GUYS!

Quote:
RiotNome:
I'll follow up on this.

Quote:
RiotNome:
Currently discussing options

Quote:
RiotNome:
RiotYegg is coming up with a solution. I don't have a timeline on it, but we want to make as many people happy as we can. I'll defer to him as to what happens.

EDIT 5: RiotKiddington has made the change, probably implemented with the next patch. source (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34239506#34239506)
Quote:
RiotKiddington:
Latest update, I have made the change. I will need to wait for QA resource to test my changes.

FINAL NOTE
The change we wanted has been implemented in patch 3.02. This is a momentous day for the 3v3s community, and brings us one step closer to map equality, Thank you to everyone who kept the thread in the spotlight (especially PurpleURP, much appreciated bumps).
Thank you RiotNome and RiotKiddington for the help!

5371EI

11-09-2012

I'm interested in this as well, I only played 3's this snn so that means no boarder for me unless I am playing with my team, and at that point, really who cares? They where there when I got it.

PurpleURP

11-10-2012

bump

scazzaf

11-11-2012

I'm still curious as to what the answer to this is

scazzaf

11-12-2012

Bumping for the final day

seajaydub

11-12-2012

I AM CURIOUS. RIOT pls.

scazzaf

11-12-2012

Quote:
Based on feedback we've actually changed our mind about showing these in other queues. In ranked it will show the border you achieved in the same queue (solo, 3v3, or 5v5) and in other game modes your ranked solo border will be shown.
And as before the borders will only be seen by allies (regardless of mode or queue).

Taken from the reddit post http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/12i0y3/s2_rewards_loading_screen_borders/

Thats why I don't understand, it says ALL OTHER GAME MODES, so why is it showing my 5s score in my 3s normals?

Anon

11-12-2012

I agree, bump bump bump, bump it to the limit, limit!

scazzaf

11-12-2012

I know you're actively posting right now Nome, can you please comment on this?

scazzaf

11-12-2012

One more bump