Confused!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frelong

11-09-2012

Im a level 30, and barely have 260 wins. I am terribly confused about something. When i play games, i understand that being in the teamfights is crucial. Also the team needs to lay back if they see a member missing. When getting ready for a teamfight, I usually pay attention to the lanes, and i have this urge to push them enough so they dont hurt us. However when that happens and i go to clear a wave or 2 of minons my team decides to engage in a fight. I am not there.... so we lose the fight.... probably costing us the game. What is more important, Having the lanes pushed before a fight, or having minions of the enemy team attacking our turret, while we engage on a teamfight? I understand it may be the simplest answer ever, but i just can't seem to find the answer.

AzRod Mx

11-09-2012

In my opinion, its better the teamfight. Im 30 with 440 wins, but, why is better a simple teamfight? Cause if your team wins that, you're able to destroy 1 or more turrets of the enemy team. Thats all.

Epictues

11-09-2012

dont go off trying strategies that requires everyone on your team not to be high or have an iq above 50; unless you are playing at high elo levels.

keep it simple and stay with your team until then

Judas Priest

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
dont go off trying strategies that requires everyone on your team not to be high or have an iq above 50; unless you are playing at high elo levels.

keep it simple and stay with your team until then
Yeah, that's a wise advice. Play as if your allies were stupid, because most of the time they are indeed.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

Explain to your team what you're doing.

A lot of times when I play as Jax, I get to the point where I can easily 1v1 any player on their team. And sometimes, when I'm fed, I can 2v1 anyone on their team. When we get to this point, if my 4 teammates play smart, we can win the game no matter what.

All it takes is my 4 teammates knowing when and when not to engage.

They can handle a 4v5 if they're under the turret. They can handle a 4v4 if they're under a turret. If it's 4v3 or better in favor of my team, they need to be pressing the lane their in and press that advantage (otherwise, 3 or more are headed my way and I have to retreat).

But too often, I get teams that say "Well if Jax can handle a 2v1, why can't we handle a 5v4?" And the problem is, when I'm trying to split push, it's when we don't have an advantage in team fights because I'm the only fed player, and whether we team fight or I split push, I'm still the focus. Split pushing just forces the enemy to split their team. My team can defend 4 or 5 enemies if they stay under a friendly turret, and if the enemies are keeping 4 or 5 of their team there, they haven't sent enough to stop me from taking out turrets twice as fast as they're taking out ours.