Couldn't you have done something rather than REMOVE Ionic Spark?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ionic Spark – Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but it’s good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wit’s End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wit’s End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.
I have a problem with this.

While I completely agree with Xyph that Ionic Spark is an utterly inferior item, a noob trap on all but Shen...I, and a lot of others, wanted this item to be viable because it's F_U_N.

I was hoping you'd buff the item, or make the lightning damage scale with something, or give it a late game, or make the lightning proc out of ability damage just like the Lightning Shrine in Dominion.

Not outright remove it. Why couldn't it have been an Armoured version of Wit's End? Where instead of providing flat MR and bonus MR per hit, Ionic Spark could provide flat Armour and bonus Armour per hit? Why not give it an upgrade path to make it have some relevant late game teamfight presence?

You completely removed an item that's agreed to be incredibly weak on most champions...but it was also such a fun item. Will you be making an item similarly as fun as Ionic Spark in the future? It's so sad to see it go.

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I just started using it on Shyvana instead of wit's end. Disappointed to see it go.

Colinsworth

11-09-2012

I disagree with the removal of ionic spark as well. Although the item was rarely used, it was such a fun buy. There really isn't a reason to remove it besides uncluttering the item menu...

ArrowAce

11-09-2012

Sorry Irelia, back to Wit Ends. "Ionia will not fall."

Housemate

11-09-2012

They are making Tiamat much better they said. They will probably serve the same purpose, except the on-hit.

Ginga

Recruiter

11-09-2012

There is a huge difference between Tiamat and Ionic Spark.

I'm not talking about balance here. I'm talking about gratification, fun, satisfact, etc.

Ionic Spark offers a feeling completely different to Tiamat.......every 4 hits.

Ginga

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Speaking of Tiamat...I hope they remove the health and mana regen items on it's component and replace it with something that makes sense.

ddaimyo

11-09-2012

Why are people so sad to see this item disappear? It was garbage.

DreamLeviathan

11-09-2012

Man, I wonder what Statikk Shiv is going to be. It's probably not some kind of lightning on-hit item, or it would be listed as a future alternative to ionic spark or something.

I'm making an assumption here, but it seems like a pretty fair one. Though they should maybe just out and reveal the item to quell the complaints.

ReLLik5150

11-09-2012

udyr phoenix stance with it is pretty damn nice as well.