Desperately need help with farming =(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lowtide85

11-09-2012

Hello everyone,

I've been playing LoL for over a year now and I'm still having major issues with farming, I don't know what am I doing wrong why is my CS so low and because of this I can't play very well, I know that you have to last hit a minion but everytime I try the minion dies before my attack animation is complete and is so frustrating, also when attempting to farm I get attacked by the enemy champion (s) too much which makes it very hard to last hit minions.

I really need help cause otherwise I'm gonna have to uninstall the game =(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lagbane

11-09-2012

Last hitting is easier with ranged attacks and higher damage per hit. AoE is great, but typically takes mana. Lots of abilities are great for farming, actually, but that mana is often better reserved for harassing or whatever.

Or maybe you are using poor early game champs with bad farming? If so, you may consider some of the Gp5 items.

Aside from that, it's just experience. Practice, practice, practice. If you don't want to practice vs human opponents, try as melee vs bot caster mid, or solo top/bottom vs 2 bots.

Lowtide85

11-09-2012

Well I'm playing Katarina at the moment, I know it's supposed to be easy to farm with her but I just can't seem to last hit neither with a basic attack or with the bouncing blade when I'm at the first levels.

To be honest I don't like the idea of playing against bots, I think playing against humans is more useful since the AI of a bot is never going to be better than the mind and reflexes of a human player.

lastchancexi

11-09-2012

Playing against bots allows you to completely ignore everything else besides last hitting. You don't worry about zoning, you don't worry about taking harass damage, all you do is CS. That's really important.

rikoLash

11-10-2012

You're playing Katarina? If you're mid, then farming is the most significant thing going on, but you shouldn't have to think about it. Concentrate on dodging skill shots with E and harassing with Q. The way that you farm with her is use your Q to damage all the minions, and consume the mark with your W up close. You can then Shunpo away from any harass. Katarina is extremely dependent on early game farm to get mid-late game damage as quick as possible, so this is a part of her gameplay that is significant for you to understand.

EDIT: Don't bother last hitting with auto-attacks if your opponent is harassing you until they remove themselves from lane. Take advantage of the wraith camp and just try and out harass champions that are reliant on cooldowns or are mana intensive. That's 1 advantage that kat has in laning.

Lowtide85

11-10-2012

Well I just went to mid lane against a Heimerdinger and it was horrible, his mini-turrets kept me from trying to farm so my CS was dreadful... I tried to last hit but everytime I got close to the minions Heimer was there with his mini-turrets and he did so much damage to me that I had no choice but to retreat, what am I doing wrong here? How can I kill minions if I can't even get close to them? I try to hit them when they're near the turret but it's impossible, they keep dying before I can last hit.

Also, what do I do when there are just no minions coming into my lane and wraiths/wolves haven't re-spawned yet? Do I go to other lanes to kill minions or just wait for the ones on my lane to come?

Etherimp

11-10-2012

Kat isn't a very good farmer. Bottom line. She's much better at ganking side lanes or just landing a kill at level 6 than she is at farming.

If you want a good farming mid lane champ try Morgana or Mordekaiser, or even Anivia (Post 6)

If you want to get better at farming in general, try some top lane champs and some AD carries. They will teach you how to effectively CS.