Riot is addressing the mobility creep!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngusSama

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post
How does your Mundo build go?
IE, Zerker Greaves. Tiamat x 4. Because I'm a man and don't need no stupid tank items.

BroughtMyFgame

11-09-2012

Quote:
I don't play a lot of Mundo but I see no reason why SV shouldn't be his second item at the very latest.

Yuki Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniance View Post
MF and Tristana already do this and they're not exactly god-tier picks. The heal reduction isn't even noticeable most of the time save for 3-4 champions out of 100+.
Situational items are better than a situational champions.

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede EU View Post
Guess it's time to play the safe AD carries then, like Ez, Graves and Corki.

Oh wait, nvm, we already do. Glad to see some things won't be changing anytime soon.
Your tone is piss poor, but you do have a point.

JoeDerp

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroughtMyFgame View Post
I don't play a lot of Mundo but I see no reason why SV shouldn't be his second item at the very latest.
Do you really feel a Spirit Visage makes much difference early on?
I usually get it as my fifth, with the Force of Nature as my third.
I've tried my builds in different orders, but I've had better success this way, though I understand our experiences may differ completely.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-09-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazow View Post
you should at least buff spirit visage
Touche
Quote:
HoG removal I'll give you, but:

Ninja Tabi -> (HoG) -> Spirit Visage / Aegis / Warmog's -> Sunfire / Randuins -> GA.

I have no reason to get FoN because I have 3,000 HP or more, 150 MR, and another 1500 HP through regen. What mage is going to burst me? The only thing that kills Dr. Mundo is a lot of time with a farmed AD Carry.

If I'm afraid of Kog'Maw, I have Randuin's for attack speed. I should never be afraid of bust mages.

If sustained magic damage is really my trouble, then okay I might care about FoN against very specific teams after 8-10k gold worth of other items.

However, with the Spirit Visage upgrade... I still can't justify it.

mambawarrior0

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
You act as though Zeal and Phantom Dancer aren't getting nerfed too
If you nerf their movespeed, that will make Trinity Force the item which gives the most % movement speed in the game.
WE'RE ONTO YOU PHREAK

Asdioh

11-09-2012

When Xyph said the elements of FoN were "scattered to the winds" I got the impression that the movespeed on FoN would be moved to another old item, or perhaps a new item.

*Phreaknudge*

Aerophobia

11-09-2012

Quote:
Mundo shouldn't have picked up Force of Nature until like item 5.

And we buffed Spirit Visage. Like it's in the same paragraph. Are you purposely ignoring that sentence?
Are you ignoring that it said "we tweaked spirit visage" but does not actually provide stats or how they tweaked said item. There's absolutely no reason to remove FoN and i believe its the only item in the list of items that there isnt even a credible reason given for removing it. Provide me with an explanation as to why it should be removed and i'll be happy but until then it does not make sense. Why not keep it in the game AND put tweaks in on spirit visage??

Force of nature being removed is really the only item that i question its removal. It doesn't make sense to me as to why they would remove it.

meki pendant and rejuv bead- i get it, no one really bought those when there were the fariy charm and rejuv pendant. the items themselves didnt make sense to be there. therefore remove them, i get it.

madreds blood razor- I can understand there logic here as well. Too pricey, not as effective as youd think compared to damage to price ratio of other items you could have purchased and it doing its damage as magic damage. It COULD be tweaked and kept in game but since they added a better working version of it i see no reason to keep the bloodrazor.

Ionic spark- This makes sense as well. Synergized with only a handful of champions and it wasnt the best choice for on hit builds. I played on hit builds and never really built it and i understand why its removed. It doesnt fit, so it gets removed and they add in a replacement thats better suited for the job.

Heart of gold- I don't like it being removed really but once again i can understand why its being removed. Gp10's meant for late game and the health it gives snowballs for early game and the gp10 part still comes in late game. Was an all around great item for a great cost. Removed and not replaced since there are other items of its nature being tweaked to be better suited for champions. Problem fixed

Elixir of agility- i honestly dont have much of an opinion on this one or care all that much at all. I suppose their reasoning makes sense as to why it should be removed. I never used it all too much in the first place and considering the roles i play it makes sense as to why i wouldnt be using it i suppose.

And now we get to the item being removed that i do not understand teh reason behind its removal
Force of nature- synergizes well with multiple champions and is a GREAT defensive purchase. The added effects that come along with MR were nothing to complain about and were decent things to obtain along with the item. Considering its an item built on tanks or dps characters mostly the health regen would be nothing to complain about since you may not be building much lifesteal, spell vamp or any other source of regen for that matter. As for the movement speed... it wasn't anything to complain about either being that its not something that would just be a wasted stat for your champion depending on who you are playing. Movement speed is always good, "i hate moving this fast and catching up with my enemies or moving fast enough to get away from them"--said no one ever. IMO you seem to be confusing yourself on the reason as to why it was purchased or something. It provided some great defensive stats and great supporting extra stats with it which made it popular.

Maybe im off base here and i don't fully understand this so feel free to correct me. But as i see it now i see no reason as to why a small tweak like a price change and removing some stats like the movespeed wouldnt fix problems that they list as reasons as to why it should be removed.

If the item tweaks that they intend to take its place end up a flop then what are you supposed to do? Buy a banshees veil thats easier to pop than balloon in a needle factory?

I think they may be biting off more than they can chew here.....

DarkChibiman

11-09-2012

Quote:
Ninja Tabi -> (HoG) -> Spirit Visage / Aegis / Warmog's -> Sunfire / Randuins -> GA.

I have no reason to get FoN because I have 3,000 HP or more, 150 MR, and another 1500 HP through regen. What mage is going to burst me? The only thing that kills Dr. Mundo is a lot of time with a farmed AD Carry.

If I'm afraid of Kog'Maw, I have Randuin's for attack speed. I should never be afraid of burst mages.
Honestly, before the DFG nerf I used to burst down Mundo's with similar builds as Veigar plenty. Because they did what you did - think stacking health is a perfectly acceptable tank-strat, and I used to love melting it all away in under 1.2 seconds.

In-fairness, while they were far along in their build (as was I) they were not fully built to GA yet.