Yorick - Pro Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnnoo

11-09-2012

So as you know; Yorick is free this week...
I usually play casters, regardless AD or AP, I just love that feeling of casting, idk.

ANYWAY, so I tried out Yorick, because I've seen people play him and I've always wondered what it's like to have constant ghouls fighting for me.
Briefly put:
He is friggin amazing.
Every game that I've played with him (2 lmaoo) They've surrendered.

So I was thinking of buying him and definitely becoming strong with him, because he is pretty versatile.

So the main question is...

If anyone mains Yorick/knows some really awesome underground information about him and would like to share their knowledge with me, that would be greatly appreciated!

adc

11-09-2012

Here's how to play Yorick:

Laning phase:

Kill your opponent. You're Yorick. He can't do anything unless he's Jax/Trundle.

Rest of the game:

Press R on your carry. Get a pentakill.

jmgr4y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Your ghouls go right for champions. Use that to help you zone them even harder. Build Manamune, build frozen heart, profit.

Trypsto

11-09-2012

Something that most players laning against one don't notice right away is that if you walk into brush while a ghoul is chasing you then it will reset the aggro on ghouls. Good players will likely stay close to brush and dodge in and out really fast to get rid of aggro from ghouls. You can target your green ghoul and put it into the brush so it will chase them out of there. Otherwise use wards.

Also on skill shot champs that you face off with be sure to watch for when you think they'll try and hit you with an ability. You can pop a green ghoul in the way of the shot to shield you. I do this constantly.

If you're having trouble getting close to an enemy champ who is sitting behind a wave or that you are in danger of being bursted down by, remember you can place your red ghoul on a closer minion and if the enemy comes close the ghoul will prioritize that champ and chase them.

If you know you're about to be chased (you see someone coming up from river) and you are out of position then quickly use blue ghoul (Q) and hit a minion in front of you then use the move speed to run as well as putting a ghoul in the river brush as you run.

Yorick is my favorite top lane champ so I play him often. I'm not sure if any of this is useful to you but I have found it handy during my time playing him. Lastly don't underestimate the confusion your ult can cause in a team fight. On several games the enemy team has accidentally spent several abilities or too much time attacking a ghost of one of my teams champions. One other thing to note though is whether your team knows what his ult is about. Often I'll run into a player that I've ulted and then he'll die and take control of the ghost only to continue running away thinking he's alive. They should try to dive or the like if they are already dead.

Again, hoped this helped some.

Vonstahl

11-10-2012

whatever people say no one can out sustane yorik if played at the same level. My first goal as Yorik is the Manamue, its his bread and butter item, it gives him damage and keeps him from going oom, plz remember yorik insnt tanky in the way cho for example is, yoriks tankyness comes from items and his passive. When summoning ghouls I find it optimal to use WEQ as each ghoul will do more damage on attacks, your E heals you and your Q scales better than any of your other ghouls. If playing normals many people underestimate his possible damage output (he does 15% more damage with ghoules on his auto attacks, that added to the ghoul damage and your ult, if needed, I dont know if it adds to your passive however it does at least gain the 15%) I can tell you how many times I have gotten double kills off of junglers thinking they had a chance, just dont get over cocky and everything else has probably already been said

Most important thing is to have fun

P.S. your ghouls will stop chase if they loose sight of the enemy so I often like to use my W in the brushes to avoid that and to not face check brushes

Germanking66

11-10-2012

How do you lane against another Yorick as Yorick? I have no intention to actually play him, but if this guy is playing normals he will see another during free week. Just thought he would need to know.

Trypsto

11-10-2012

One of the things that i mentioned in my post here was the aggro reset on his ghouls by walking into and out of brush. Honestly though it would probably come down to who is more comfortable in the character and as a solo-top. One thing to note is that almost all of Yorick's dmg is AD so it my work to counter with early armor, a ninja tabi or the like, and maybe getting a Spirit Visage could help with out sustaining the other Yorick as well. In the end I think it would come down to who is more efficient, who is the better farmer, or who has the better jungler on their team to gank the other yorick.

KissingTheShadow

11-10-2012

Going Yorick against Yorick I think magic resist would make you outsustain the other one because his E is magic damage. If he does less, he heals less.

MissedMaiUlti

02-09-2013

My little 2 cents on this thread, Yorick is extremely hard to play against in lane as not much people play him and the fact he can 1v1 most champions and come out on top. Some champions that can beat Yorick are ones with gap closers, insane burst, and/or high consistent damage that can negate the healing from his red ghoul. Skill order wise, I always max out his Omen of Famine first as it is Yorick's bread and butter skill, then usually going for the points in his Omen of Pestilence maxing at 13 to decrease cd timer and increase the slow and damage. but depending on your lane opponent it may sometimes be better to max out Q after E. For Yorick's ultimate, it can be a little tricky to use for the thought of "should I use this first or last?" The answer to that is if you're going to commit to kill that person or a team fight is happening, ult first either on yourself or your ADC. Also, don't underestimate Yorick's passive as it lets him duel champions better although most people don't notice it. (Usually I don't really notice it, but I know it's there keeping me alive.) First item that should usually be rushed is a Manamune as it compliments Yorick's kit so well. The mana lets him spam ghouls and the bonus AD increases his damage. After going for manamune, I usually go for either a Sheen into Iceborn Gauntlet or go for a kindlegem to build into a Spirit Visage for the MR and Spirit Visage passive. Iceborn Gauntlet lets Yorick stick to his target permanently assuming your opponent's flash/gap closer is down. The sheen proc also heavily increases his damage obviously. Boots you should take are Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi's depending on who your lane opponent is and the enemy team. Last 2 items should be strictly health, armor, or MR, depending on the enemy team. Armor items I like to buy is a Frozen Heart or a Randuin. CDR, Mana, and Armor from Frozen Heart benefits Yorick in many ways and the passive helps out the team perfectly. Randuin's Omen has a VERY nice active and passive while giving ok armor and health. Runic Bulwark is a great item for all around protection. Grab it if nobody else on your team is building it. Guardian Angel is a good item on Yorick due to the double revive from his ultimate and GA passive, bonus armor and MR is nice to. Early game, try to focus on farming minions until you can get some items to help out Yorick's mana hungry trait. Mid game, in my opinion, is where Yorick really shines as at this time he should have enough mana to spam ghouls and be able to kill anyone on the enemy team that tries to pick a fight. Late game, Yorick tends to fall off a little bit and is mainly used as a tank for the most part providing some utillity with his W. During team fights, ult the person who deals the most damage and is being focused down, can be either you or your ADC. Champions with skill shots should be a little more to useless as Yorick's ghouls will just tank all the damage while his team is killing off everyone on the enemy team. A mildy fed Yorick can turn the tables on a losing team fight with his ghouls, utillity, tankiness, life steal, and damage, even if he does die in the process. (sad face) Good luck learning Yorick, I am sure there are more tips on Yorick but I'm also sure you can figure them out.
P.S.: Yorick's ghouls lose aggro if they enter a brush, counteract this by placing your w in the bush and only using your e to harass.

lolpandaking

06-24-2013

im usually building an ohmwrecker. sure the AD from manamune is nice but the health regen + mana regen gives him more sustain. i have the habit of turrent diving to get a last hit on a champion so the active is wonderful. when im on the turrent i use omen of death just to get it down faster. also your ghouls will attack turrents and inhibitors.