Bringing back Tryn into the field. Suggestions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hi, I was looking at underplayed ad champions lately, and I realized tryndamere needed some changes (oh isnt it obvious).

First, his passive should completely being changed. Unlike Rengar who does have a kind of ferocity on his own, Tryndamere's rage is his PASSIVE. It really should not be a passive, but instead a gameplay like Rengar who does have a passive in addition to his ferocity. The fact of being able to crit more when he has a lot of fury is indeed a cool thing, but it is not enough to make Tryn a viable champion at top lane.

Second, I think his second and worst problem has something to do with the lack of thoughness/escape. He does have a heal and a reduction of damage to foes, but the problem is (applies to any top lane champ) that he doesnt have enough mobility. He sure does have his spin, but whenever he gets ganked, any cc is enough to bring him down. I would have a simple suggestion about that. His ultimate, when activated, should remove some kind of cc (probably slows only). Unlike a ult like Olaf, his would only remove those when activated.

HellfireSoul

11-09-2012

Tryn's supposed to be a melee carry.

Currently, and probably forever, they aren't viable at all.

As eloquently put by someone else:

The chief difficulty in dealing with an Attack Damage Carry is in getting to them so you can get your damage on them. Melee ADCs take care of that problem for you, because they have to get in your face to do anything related to their purpose in the team.

Smaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I know, that is why his ultimate would need something like I suggested. Although I understand your opinion on the melee carry position, I would have to disagree. Characters like Fiora DO have a way to be played top and be viable. They sure do require skill to play against bruisers, but it is possible. That is why though, I am suggesting this kind of stuff for Tryndamere. Melee carries should be played top since there is no where else they can be played in a viable way.

Tomukai

11-09-2012

Just lower the cooldown on Cleanse or make a AD item based Quicksilver sash...

Smaze

11-09-2012

They said they would maybe add two Twisted Treeline items in summoner's rift and both would help Tryn a lot at top lane!

Smaze

11-09-2012

Bumpin'

Beaumains

11-10-2012

The solution is relatively simple: revert him.

Sehnder

11-10-2012

I'm going to eventually make a comprehensive post about all the reasons Tryndamere is terrible and needs help, but this below should be a good start. (Note: Trynd was my favorite champ since closed beta. Even so, I have to admit he is terrible.)

Inability to Trade in Lane/ Safe Farm:
You harass Jarvan, he dragon strikes you back. You harass Jax, he empower/leapstrike/counterstrike combos you. You harass Trynd... he can spinning slash toward you (likely just to close the gap, not actually hitting you), try to mocking shout, and if all that works, he gets to autoattack you and hope for crits. Trynd's only option for trading is to go all in- and even then he will likely not win the exchange. Champions at low level do around 60 damage an autoattack, and level 1 abilities do around 70-100 damage. So in order to even break even you have to crit, and your base crit chance is only 35% at max fury. If Trynd gets a brutal top lane or 2v1 he has absolutely zero recourse to farm. Which brings us to the second point.

Easily countered, but counters no one:
Tryndamere matches unfavorably with most top lane matchups and even worse a lot of atypical champions wreck him too. Teemo and Vayne can effectively deny Trynd nearly 100% farm if played properly. And of course this doesn't even bring into consideration ignite/exhaust, which are "I win" buttons vs. Tryndamere. Simply building a frozen mallet or having Nunu on your team is enough by itself to essentially make it a 4v5. If I play Rumble or Jayce (which I do), I don't have to worry all that much about who I will be playing against or what summoner spells the enemy team has. I just know that regardless of what they throw at me, I can probably win if I play smart. In contrast, when I play Trynd I live in fear of whether they will pick something that hard counters me.

Effective damage is low
Because of how easy Trynd is to kite, his effective DPS is often abysmal.This is due to having no damage on demand. In an absolute worst case scenario, Fiora can use bladewaltz to do SOMETHING and Yi can alphastrike/highlander chase to at least cause SOME damage. In contrast, Tryndamere can literally do 0 damage in a fight if CC is properly coordinate .

Undying rage no longer serves its purpose
Back in the day, it lasted 8 seconds and people were a lot squishier. 8 seconds was plenty of time to finish off a target and move on to the next or escape. These days he only has 5 seconds, and there is a lot more mobility/tankyness/invulnerability in the game. Zhonya's ring is a very common item and effectively kills 40% of your ultimate. With Vlad, you can have a full 4 seconds of complete invulnerability any time Trynd ults. 1 second of potential damage time simply doesn't get it done.

In order for Tryndamere to be viable, he must be able to win any toe-to-toe engagement, because that is literally all he can do. There is no such thing as biding time for cooldowns or trying to harass with ranged abilities as Tryndamere- your only (and optimal) option for engaging the enemy is to run up to their face and hit them. If Tryndamere IS strong enough to win even MOST toe-to-toe fights, he will be summarily nerfed as has happened numerous times before.

Tryndamere will never be viable until he gets a complete overhaul I am afraid. A this point though any changes to him are probably a long way of- champions like Karma/Sejuani have never even been remotely popular, and helping them is higher up on the priority list than trying to fix Tryndamere for the fourth time. Pessimistic I know, but if we see any Tryndamere tweaks in Season 3 period, color me surprised.

Smaze

11-10-2012

I must admit, you are right on a lot of points. Altough I am a believer. I believe that what I said in the first place would at least make him viable. I do not say he would be the best yet, but he would still be able to deal with some more champions and counter some more with a new passive and his ult which would remove some kind of cc.

Tykune

11-10-2012

Just rework him