Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackBeast41

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It's very hard for non-existent people to tell you that you are a tease. :P
So does this mean you're available?

Also, I'm extremely excited to see the new and altered items you have in store.

Chocmerc

11-09-2012

make it the only gp10, and then boost its gold gain from 5 / 10 to 10/10 or 15/10

Color Deaf

11-09-2012

Quote:
Same problem - Health and GP/10 aren't statistics that mix well to create interesting gameplay. You incur advantage by not doing anything and you simultaneously make every course of action harder for the opponent.

Contrast, Philosopher's stone - which helps you gain advantage passively but exposes a weakness in your build - the lack of any health or Sightstone, which gives you a temporary advantage (vision) and permanent utility (more vision) but you're not getting stronger versus the opponent.
Makes sense, what will be taking its place on the Randuins build path?

Galice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
Hey Xypherous,
I'm curious why this active had to be unique? It seems to me, that since it consumes an item slot, and doesn't enable more wards to be carried than regular wards, that it wouldn't be abusive.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
32 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Makes sense, what will be taking its place on the Randuins build path?
A simple ruby crystal. You'll probably get the other components first.

Quote:
I'm curious why this active had to be unique? It seems to me, that since it consumes an item slot, and doesn't enable more wards to be carried than regular wards, that it wouldn't be abusive.
We didn't want to push Supports into feeling like they now had to build multiple Sight Stones with their income. We'd rather you go buy fun items that you cared about. We've tuned the numbers to be what we considered the minimum number of wards to cover the total area that teams actually care about at any given time.

Beverice

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
Why does it have such high winrates in the lolking chart then? Statistics cant be wrong

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Armor / HP?

The items that currently service Armor/HP are:

Locket of the Glorious Parrot err.. Solari.
Aegis of the Legion
Sunfire Cape
Randuin's Omen

Locket of the Iron Solari is getting slightly better in Season 3 - while it loses a bit from the Heart of Gold removal, it has gained CDR and a lot more health than before at roughly the same cost as before.

It's also not saddled to Emblem of Valor, otherwise known as: "Why do you hate me and force me to build an irrelevant item to me - You are so hard to build because whenever I build you, it is the wrong time."
Oh yeah, forgot Locket existed because my HoG always builds towards Randuin's, Aegis is good thought, and i build it often, dunno why i forgot about it

But it's really nice to hear that Locket is getting some love, hope Sunfire cape does as well, and hope we get at least 1 more item

btw, lol'd at the Emblem comment, that might be another one of the reasons i never buy Locket

MaskedCrusader10

11-09-2012

Xypherous, there is something I don't quite understand about your stance on Ionic Spark. If Ionic Spark's 4-hit-proc is such a harsh condition for damage and needs to be fixed for it to be, you could say viable, why is the second passive of TF left untouched? His Stacked Deck is pretty much the Sword of the Divine with nerfed values on attack speed with a more reliable proc (that has a ratio).

I don't know if you remember, but part of what made people mad about the SotD's removal was that it was a fun way to use the 4th strike on AD TF proc-d both passives. When Ionic Spark was introduced to SR, the double-proc combo returned with force, but not with the same feeling as it used to be.

I must say it has been a while since I played an AD/AS TF, yet I still remember the good old days and this build pattern will be greatly missed...

I really would love to see what is your opinion on TF's second passive.

On another note :

Let's hope that the replacement for Ionic Spark will make as much, if not more, sparks for Volibear's sake, I'll be disappointed if not. We want them sparks everywhere :3

Soulthresher

11-09-2012

I'd honestly like to think he's trolling and not making ridiculous decisions.

ImmortalShade

11-09-2012

Thank you for taking the time to talk with us.

How does hybrid itemization look now? I love kayle, akali, jax, and even hybrid fizz but i find the choices lacking.