Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valtielx

11-09-2012

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but Ionic Spark is a fantastic item on SR and has even been purchased in tournament play fairly often.

How can you guys seriously put it in the same category of worthlessness as MBR? As an avid Shen player, I am extremely sad about this item being removed and I honestly feel like it's being underestimated to the point of crazy.

Warwick, Shen, Kayle, GP, and even Irelia can find a home for this item and it still gets removed?

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
"Remove" in that he won't get the swap? Yes. Remove as in Urgot doesn't get 120 armor and magic resistance for 5 seconds? No.
And the slow effect? Or is that part of the removed swap?

Thorthedark

11-09-2012

Quote:
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.

Malzahar is my favorite champion and I thank you. This seems like a fair enough trade to me.

Also, you said you might want to make the effect of Ionic Spark into a new item. I hope you do, and I hope it's viable on Kayle. I bought spark just to shoot fire and lightning at the same time, just cuz it's cool.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
AS/Armor benefits such a small subset of characters that I'm kind of hesitant on this. A truly decent AS/Armor item might necessitate the nerfs of already existing balanced characters and bind those characters to that item.

That's my main worry - as AS/Armor/Proc doesn't open up new gameplay for these characters - it just means that they just get more powerful with the item - which is an item that directly affects balance.

Unless the main focus of the item wasn't the AS/Armor part - it might be feasible to dance around the niche problem - you run into some oddities then, releasing an item with stats that people want but a playstyle that people don't necessarily want to be forced into.
Speaking of. If you ever need to buff Taric, I really think an armor per autoattack stacking passive would be awesome to shore up "bruiser healtank support taric", my favorite variety of Taric. (Not currently viable due to insufficient gold for the 5th champion.)

Lostshard

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xethik View Post
I think the big thing is that they are changing Warwick and Malz, not QSS. So any QSS questions are honestly not how they rework the item (which they likely won't) and more based on who they rework the abilities of.
Just throwing out the consideration for Skarner due to the fact that after the stun part of the suppress is over you can try to mitigate damage for Malz/WW. Urgot is just a unique case. So I was just wondering as Skarner who is 1 of 4 champions with suppression would have to stay in range for the final portion of the damage

odbj

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
I guess the only games Riot sees are tournament games.
It's all about viability; screw fun.
How many sheep are going to downvote this?

Newsflash: Some people play games to have _fun_. I'm all for competitive balancing etc etc. But I'm not for completely removing things that are fun just because they don't see play in ultra-competitive scenes.

Let people have the option to min/max their gaming efficiency if they want to. Don't force everyone to do it automatically.

Dr Snapped

11-09-2012

I'm still waiting for you to delete Infinity Edge.

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
"Remove" in that he won't get the swap? Yes. Remove as in Urgot doesn't get 120 armor and magic resistance for 5 seconds? No.
Like Urgot matters anymore after he was nerfed batted a few patches ago? He was fairly decent champion who had an interesting and unique roll, and was smashed against the floor once he saw even a the smallest increase in play. Unless urgot gets buffed back up, I don't think anything will matter to him.

Axhliay

11-09-2012

Are you planning on doing anything about Nashors Tooth? Because although the stats are great, No-one really needs the mix that the items provide. It has the potential to be good on alot of champions, but its not quite there.

Bydlarius0

11-09-2012

Sorry to bother, but if possible, Xypherous, can I get your response on this?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2779675

Thanks in advance.