Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathlos

11-09-2012

Xypherous,

just wanted to say thanks for all the info you are giving, even tho you cant give all the info that i would love, excited to see what yall come up with.

one more thing... can you get statikk to hurry up and post more on the jungle thread... theres some more information to drain there!

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
22 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
What.
What? That's what I said.

(Alternate valid responses: What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak english in What? or Say What again, I dare you. I double dog dare you.)

xethik

11-09-2012

Oh god what indeed. I think he edited that in, too, as it wasn't there to begin with.

Xypherous, does your wife tell you that you are such a tease?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
23 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xypherous, does your wife tell you that you are such a tease?
It's very hard for non-existent people to tell you that you are a tease. :P

WavesBlade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
What? That's what I said.

(Alternate valid responses: What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak english in What? or Say What again, I dare you. I double dog dare you.)
I edited my post.

Are you talking trinity force here or something new?

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Xypherous, is there any possivility of an armor version of Wit's End to come in?

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hey thanks for spending your personal time still reading our posts Xypherous. I assume it's personal time at least since how late it is here on the west coast.

Since HoG is going away how will that affect Twisted Treeline especially in light of the cool new Lord Van Damm's Pillager? Is there any chance that might follow the Blade of the Ruined King over to summoner's rift as well?

xethik

11-09-2012

Quote:
It's very hard for non-existent people to tell you that you are a tease. :P
I'd be there for you if you are available.

No but, seriously, thanks for all of this Xyph. You're a great guy and I appreciate the amount of work you and all of Riot put into the game, even in your off time.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
24 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xypherous, is there any possivility of an armor version of Wit's End to come in?
AS/Armor benefits such a small subset of characters that I'm kind of hesitant on this. A truly decent AS/Armor item might necessitate the nerfs of already existing balanced characters and bind those characters to that item.

That's my main worry - as AS/Armor/Proc doesn't open up new gameplay for these characters - it just means that they just get more powerful with the item - which is an item that directly affects balance.

Unless the main focus of the item wasn't the AS/Armor part - it might be feasible to dance around the niche problem - you run into some oddities then, releasing an item with stats that people want but a playstyle that people don't necessarily want to be forced into.

Quote:
Since HoG is going away how will that affect Twisted Treeline especially in light of the cool new Lord Van Damm's Pillager?
If Nome really wants HoG to be in Pillager for that map's balance - It might exist in there only. It's also far less destructive on that map, due to how short the time period of the map is. I just know that in SR, HoG creates more negative effects than positive ones as a whole across the map.

11-09-2012

Quote:

Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character.

Alternative: Spirit Visage

Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.
You should have scrapped spirit visage and kept FoN.

FoN was one of my favorite items actually.

Quote:

Elixir of Agility – Removed

Right now Elixir of Agility serves a single purpose in the game – to make the winning hyper-carry exponentially more powerful than the losing one. This has some general negative effects: Due to the multiplicative factor of attack speed and critical strike, the raw DPS increase is always better for the winner than the loser in this case. It also strongly pigeonholes viable end-game carry builds to take advantage of critical strike, as it is the cheapest and most powerful form of DPS boost.

Alternative: None

We don’t want an item in the game whose sole purpose is to pigeonhole end-game carry builds and provide exponential damage increase to a single class. While there should be purchasable buffs that help close out the game, a 250 Gold item that typically only benefits a single player on the winning team seemed a bit superfluous.
Stacking crit with a Last Whisper is the only way to kill tanks and tanky dps. Without a fed ranged carry, tanks and tanky dps are unstoppable and rule the game. Removing elixer of agility is a mistake imo. The damage boost might be all the adc can afford if he is behind and the adc is the only hope for his team against those unkillable champs.