Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheddar fetter

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I spoke to this before in the first introduction post to Season 3 - but yes. Attack Speed has been undercosted for a long time now and characters that have scaled really well with Attack Speed (like Irelia) has been hit by continuous nerfs because of how cheap their itemization is.

It's also one of the reasons why Ranged Carries seem to explode late game. They're limited by Attack Damage and Critical Strike statistics to gain access to damage - but then Attack Speed is so cheap that they can then explode through item based AS, as Attack Speed is one of the statistics you get the least of through level scaling.
Does this mean that AS items may get a gold hike?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I spoke to this before in the first introduction post to Season 3 - but yes. Attack Speed has been undercosted for a long time now and characters that have scaled really well with Attack Speed (like Irelia) has been hit by continuous nerfs because of how cheap their itemization is.

It's also one of the reasons why Ranged Carries seem to explode late game. They're limited by Attack Damage and Critical Strike statistics to gain access to damage - but then Attack Speed is so cheap that they can then explode through item based AS, as Attack Speed is one of the statistics you get the least of through level scaling.
Will there be any hints as to what Statikk's Shiv does other than it's lightning-related?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowNinetails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Heart of Gold Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items
So what's the alternative for Garen, Riven, Lee Sin, Rengar, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Renekton, Shyvana, and (possibly) Zed? Mana-less ad casters have no need for the mana regen from philo stone and aren't really using the crit chance from Avarice Blade (although almost everyone listed here does like The Brutalizer, it's not often I'd actually finish Ghostblade on any of them). And then there's Kage's....yeah....

So are they being left out in the cold on this one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoof

Senior Member

11-09-2012

So, I only have one question.

Xyph, why aren't you running the company yet? You're kind of my hero.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

Senior Member

11-09-2012

FoN is getting nerfed, flash is getting nerfed, and zeal/pd are hinted at getting nerfed - Is riot not worried about the mobility gap of champions that have mobility skills versus those that do not? AD carries have already been having issues with playing non-escape carries, are there any countermeasures to stop half the ad carries in the game becoming comparatively useless?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

Senior Member

11-09-2012

How are these itemization changes affecting Dominion (And TT)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqua Dragon 33

Recruiter

11-09-2012

I completely understand and fully support the removal of the items and mentioned and the reasons given.

Though, just for the sake of customs generally being very laid back, couldn't removed items be put into Custom Summoner's Rift games just for the sake of doing wacky things? That's the primary purpose of customs in the first place; to have a wacky time with weird stuff haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
21 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
So what's the alternative for Garen, Riven, Lee Sin, Rengar, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Renekton, Shyvana, and (possibly) Zed? Mana-less ad casters have no need for the mana regen from philo stone and aren't really using the crit chance from Avarice Blade (although almost everyone listed here does like The Brutalizer, it's not often I'd actually finish Ghostblade on any of them). And then there's Kage's....yeah....

So are they being left out in the cold on this one?
If Ghostblade was good, roughly half of the champions on that list would have a GP/5 option - minus Shen/Riven/Shyvana/Zed who have absolutely no need of it.

Let's just make Ghostblade good and then worry about the 4 outliers - none of whom are particularly weak at the moment (and barring Shen, none of whom actually want Heart of Gold to begin with.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Dragon 33 View Post
I completely understand and fully support the removal of the items and mentioned and the reasons given.

Though, just for the sake of customs generally being very laid back, couldn't removed items be put into Custom Summoner's Rift games just for the sake of doing wacky things? That's the primary purpose of customs in the first place; to have a wacky time with weird stuff haha
Without them being toggle-able - that could potentially be bad for any nonwacky custom games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

what am i going to build on shen for gp5 now? and how will i build omen, Locket of the Iron Solari, and Lord Van Damm's Pillager?