Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1likeketchup

11-09-2012

FoN gone?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!!!!1!1!one!!!111

Emosa

11-09-2012

I really don't like the removal of Madreds Bloodrazer. I loved the synergy it had with WW :/

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Morello Morello's Avatar ?? Lead Content Designer
This user has accepted the summoners code, click for more information

14 of 15 Riot Posts
39 Minutes Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Housekeepin View Post
I don't understand the point in removing Ionic Spark. If someone wants to spend their gold on it, why not? The only justification from the devs is its worthless. Who cares? Let people play how they want to. It allowed for interesting builds, ie. Wits End + Ionic Spark on Irelia.
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
i am a math guy i have posted this pondering in the thread where it is relevant but still havent gotten a response perhaps you can answer the question.

in the new ruleings out lines for armour pen, is its correct order of application

Quote:
reduction % -> flat reduction -> % pen -> flat pen
the first 2 steps are unconfirmed as correct.

i need to know to update all my programs i have for math crafting.

the 2nd half of my question is regarding the new Black cleaver which lists 5% reduction per stack,
under current applications of % reduction
they stack in multiplication ie (1 - (1 - 5%)^5 ) which is 23% rounded up

however the relevant post list an example as addictive thus at 5 stacks its 25%

which would be correct ? and an explanation as to y.

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hey Morello or Xyph; please just answer me this question, I honestly couldn't care if my life depended on it about what items are being removed or what new items are being put in; I'm pretty sure you guys are capable of it, you done good so far...

My question is will Season 3 have any upgrades to the interface of the shop and how it functions, additional features like a search items function or maybe a private/custom profile for your item builds or anything like that? Cause lets be honest the current item shop can't even fit all the boots in one user interface and it really needs an overhaul or atleast some adjustments, don't you think?

Ransack Johnson

11-09-2012

I think Ionic Spark is a great item on more than a few champs. While typically, Wit's End will beat out on champs like Shyvana and Cho'Gath, Ionic Spark picks up bonuses on characters like Shen, Nautilus, and Volibear. It makes them tankier, boosts their health-reliant skills, allows their already existing proc effects to be more effective, and gives them more teamfight presence as they will hit multiple targets.

Its also effective on any on-hit build for AS champs like Teemo and Kog'Maw, where they should be using as many on-hit effects as they can.

Soliasildo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
It had some associated silliness, like using it in conjunction with Shyvana's twin attack while in dragon-form, or with Twitch's spray-and-pray. But that doesn't justify it.

Adinsx

11-09-2012

Quote:
[...]We should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a Magic: The Gathering developer!

Durendal

11-09-2012

As a singed player I will take a moment of silence for the loss of FoN....

EspeonageTieler

11-09-2012

Quote:

removing leviathan too? or manamue?

StrmCkr

11-09-2012

Quote:
private/custom profile for your item builds or anything like that?
there is programs that do this feature,

it would be nice to see it actually inc operated into the game instead of third party

leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=145862

http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/

there is also a supported manual way to accomplish the same task if u dont like using extra software
{dig through the forums for it it has been posted a few hundred times already