Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

11-09-2012

ITT: On-Hit players learn their favorite builds were just bad.

NoJay

11-09-2012

Unless they make Kindlegem have a gold per passive i dont see how a hard support would be viable anymore. So much aggression comes out in bot lane now, MF Buff, Cait Buff, Ezreal Buff. The Dozens of Anti-Carries What is the logic of protecting your carry when the support is gonna be focused.

Force of Nature was a god-like item on a lot of champions. Ali, Garen, Naut.

Looking forward to this new meat. The Meta of Gap-closing Bruisers who kill carries other bruisers and tanks. In the mean time i'll be feeding bot lane with my 350 hp Janna. :/

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
ITT: On-Hit players learn their favorite builds were just bad.
Or played : shen, kayle, w,w irelia, mundo, or voli

Ira et Tolio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....
Shiv better be good or I'm throwing a chair at whoever decided to remove Ionic Spark. Solo top Voli is imho one of the most fun tops to run, and by removing Spark you just neutered his teamfight potential. I seriously hope this item is good. Also, why the hell would you remove MBR and keep Tiamat in. Tiamat is also worthless. Only people who built it were trolls who were stacking 4 of them. I fail to see your logic in the removal of MBR when you keep another item that is just as much of a "trap", although you said Tiamat is getting "some changes". Also, just saying MBR was much much much much much much much much better on Warwick than Wit's End.

TOP10 ELO

11-09-2012

Quote:
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
Wickd always used ionic sparks and wits end on irelia, and he is the god of her.. Are you still calling him a noob?

Tenshyo

11-09-2012

dafuq? I don't understand why HoG was removed....

Frostywolf

11-09-2012

Volibear needs love give him loves!!!!!!!!

Kalaradin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
Funny calling it a noob trap... poor pro players being noobs
Lolpro guide on irelia shows wit's end + ionic spark as well as Wickd using that build and often being considered the best irelia player around.

Isist

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
Sir, I need to point out that Wit's End do not wave clear that well.

The two wave clear items for AoE-less tanks such as Leona and Shen are Ionic Spark, and Sunfire Cape

And don't even talk about the epicness of Ionic Spark Volibear.....
Wait, is this something setup by Zilean to ruin Volibear?

Snes C

11-09-2012

I always liked getting Ionic Spark on Warwick when I didn't have to worry about magic damage early on. A little sad to see it go, but I do concede that he was pretty much the only champion on who I ever purchased it.