Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....
It's good on literally ANYONE who needs attack speed and HP.

Xin, Teemo, WW (especially if you charge it to go off before you ult someone. An extra 250 damage per ult starting at level 6? how is witts better than that), Ire, Shen, Voli, Vayne, ect.

This is so messed up :-/

Menea6587

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
You literally just called Ionic spark bad, and any game that i build it in it adds like 40k magic damage to me.. (at the end of game)

First you take away SoTD, which was superb arpen, but now this? Dafuq do you hate tanky-dps as items for?

edit:

I see you're saying it doesn't do the maths worth of damage in teamfights.

Tell me more morello, about how doing 500 bonus damage accross 4 targets if you only hit 4 times in a teamfight is bad. Let alone when you hit 8 times, and do 1k damage.

You guys are just tanky dps haters.
Why aren't you getting CCed?
Why is the team close enough to spread the sparks?
Why don't they have MR to negate a significant portion of your proc?
Why aren't they at least moving to disrupt your flow of procs?
Why are you spreading damage across 5 targets instead of boosting your dps against 1?

Aoe meta's weakness is survivability. If you can't clean up, then the other team superior single target will decimate you because Ashe is just as strong at 2500 hp as she is at 20 hp.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:

So we got kayle, voli, shen.

I've seen it streamd on high lvl play on: ww irelia, mundo, it works on skarner and on hit teemo fairly well too.

That means it's viable 6.6% of champions. Look I agree the passive is trash. But maybe you guys could consider making another cheap health + bow item, with a different passive?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:

I smell a maelstrom/mjölnir on-hit item. =p

Menea6587

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
It's good on literally ANYONE who needs attack speed and HP.

Xin, Teemo, WW (especially if you charge it to go off before you ult someone. An extra 250 damage per ult starting at level 6? how is witts better than that), Ire, Shen, Voli, Vayne, ect.

This is so messed up :-/
Because MBR is 3800 Gold, Witt's end is only 2150.
Witt's End provides much more survivability via 50 MR instead of 40 armor.

Whittaker

11-09-2012

Honestly it seems a lot of the arguments against changes are because we don't have the same set of information available to us as Riot members do. Removing Ionic Spark could be seen as a bad decision unless you know what the new buffed Tiamats and Statikk Shiv are like.

Removing HoG for a similar item that gives free wards could be viewed as bad until we know what Sightstone builds into. If Sightstone upgrades to a useful item then support, top and jungle could each get one and have a completely safe laning phase with no gank paths left unwarded, if it's only useful in lane/to supports then you have to sell it off for a more worthwhile item after laning phase.
That then opens up altering factors, how long did laning phase last, how many wards did you get out of it, did the enemy jungler get an early oracles forcing you to restock wards more often, depending on variables it could still be worth it to buy the Sightstone and resell as a top laner as you still get some early health and save gold on wards in the end.

Honestly I think it would've been best to wait and give us all the information at once instead of letting it out in dribbles so as to avoid these types of situations. I understand you want to give us some insight into potential changes and that things are highly iterative and in flux at the moment but I think it'd be better to discuss all aspects of a particular change at once rather than partial to avoid confusion.

Rakaydos

11-09-2012

Spirit Stones- is the active a Unique ability? That is, can a lategame ward-btch buy two or more of them, and place 8 wards before returning to base?

Steven Mcburn

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
Why aren't you getting CCed?
Why is the team close enough to spread the sparks?
Why don't they have MR to negate a significant portion of your proc?
Why aren't they at least moving to disrupt your flow of procs?
Why are you spreading damage across 5 targets instead of boosting your dps against 1?

Aoe meta's weakness is survivability. If you can't clean up, then the other team superior single target will decimate you because Ashe is just as strong at 2500 hp as she is at 20 hp.
1. If the enemy team is CCing a tanky dps, they deserve to be blown up by the AP+ADC..
2. Not everyone stacks MR, especially not to counter IS passive. Supports, AP, ADC all take a fair chunk of damage from IS in teamfights.
3. You don't realize how large the chain lightening effect is. It's huge, and the range isn't from you, it's from the last person it hit.
4. Why wouldn't you, as someone who is building tanky, just do damage to everyone? Obviously, by adding to your attack speed and hp, you do more damage to the target you're sticking to (both by being alive faster and the proc). Are you a mobafire guide guy?

Quote:
I have no idea why you're talking to me about mbr.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Ionic is 2100g 10% more as and 250 hp.

You can pick up only witt's and ionic on a lot of champs and have really solid cheap hybrid dps, leaving the rest of your items for tank/utility.

TheVoidDream

11-09-2012

Morello, since you are here, could you comment on my inquiry earlier in the thread? Please sir, I ask only out of curiosity, but there are a handful of others in this thread that have shared my thoughts as well.