Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serratedblade

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmirkyChimp View Post
While im going to miss Madred’s Bloodrazor on teemo... im intrested to see the ne Blade of the Ruined King and how it will work out instead ^_^
go play TT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoGoodInGoodbye

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
You just contradicted yourself right there, 1st you say its a useless item only viable in a 1 or 2 champs, then you say that it had to be nerfed.

WTH man!
That's not at all what he said...He said for it to be good enough as a niche item the few heroes that would use it would use it TOO well. Therefore being broken as the item is OP but not useful on most heroes. For example old Atmogs combo Atmas was ONLY used in conjuntion with warmogs or frozen mallets on tanky dps heroes for up to 60 damage for 700 gold OP numbers wise but the only cases where it was good, it was too good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNigel View Post
from the stats you posted, and assuming wards and health have the same gold cost as season 2, sightstone is more OP than HoG.

HoG = bad use of your gold that breaks even after 10 minutes and then you start earning bonus gold (5gp10).
sightstone = fine use of your gold immediately and then after ~7 minutes you start earning even more gold than HoG (~7gp10).
Except that with SS you are forced to use your income on wards, where HoG gave you more stats/slot as well as the freedom to build stats with your cash. So instead of being slightly OP, it is now niche.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISiefer

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Force of Nature is probably the only one here I'll actually miss. I expect the new gp10 items to make up for whatever sadness I'll have seeing HoG go on my supports. But i loved Force of Nature on Singed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serratedblade

Senior Member

11-09-2012

i am still pissed ON-HIT/ AS builds wont exist anymore. I was an alternative build other then building AD kayle... WTF MAN


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

I hope it's still possible to do an on-hit build of some sort after this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nbs0317

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-09-2012

How about Executioner's Calling ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serratedblade View Post
i am still pissed ON-HIT/ AS builds wont exist anymore. I was an alternative build other then building AD kayle... WTF MAN
Yeah, I kinda reckon that Statikk's Shiv is totally worthless on the new AS builds, it really ruined the builds that were possible thanks to the inneficient and unreliable Ionic Spark

/sarcasm /thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dopeson

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Here's the core difference - Sightstone doesn't net you advantage if you are passive. Having wards provides safety - but Heart of Gold actually nets you advantage by passive play due to your passive GP/10 will override the value of active play.

You're not going to win the lane any harder by being safe - whereas HoG causes you to win the lane harder by being hard to burst.



Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.
Wouldn't this item make buying and even more so losing, an oracles even more painful for the purchaser. At least before when you invested your 400 gold you could regain that financial advantage by clearing enemy wards which cost them money. This would mean that being aggressive with an oracles is an even larger risk than it was before since enemy supports can refresh their wards for free. Oracles is still essential though to ensure any kind of map control.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaddeusMike

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
Was it broken? It saw high level uses on two very popular high level champions (Shen and Irelia) Is the removal meant as an indirect nerf (thinking Akali/Jax and Gunblade)? If it wasn't broken and isn't meant as a creative nerf to two popular strong champions, then I don't actually think your logic tracks, but you don't actually say that its OP, just that it might be.