Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TOP10 ELO

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
[B]Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
You just contradicted yourself right there, 1st you say its a useless item only viable in a 1 or 2 champs, then you say that it had to be nerfed.

WTH man!

blackerT

11-09-2012

if you're gonna remove HoG why not make a new gold item?

make one thats made out of dagger and gives attack speed (kinda useless stat for supports which is why it works) and then have it build into an item that gives your whole team attack speed for a few seconds on activate

NutrientPolecat

11-09-2012

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
@xypherous is this also an attempt I slow down the snow balling of top lane? Since this definitely seems like a must for any top laner.

Southpaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

RIP Madred's. My hybrid koggy will miss you.

I find it odd that you guys chose to replace an AS on/hit item with something that A) brings no AS and B) brings a weaker on-hit capacity. Don't get me wrong, the utility and sustain is nice - (it seems to encourage me to attack different targets to take full effect of the heal ... which seems like a bad idea) - but I just might drop the item completely in favor of getting the ionic spark replacement ... or even just a wits end as that would probably give me a higher DPS increase than the Blade of the Ruined King would simply because a bulk of my damage comes from attacking more.

So while, I'm much more likely to buy this item on ... say graves or tristana than I would have MBR, I don't quite understand why you're advertising that item for an 'on-hit' build - when it doesn't offer very much I want from an on-hit.

That active though ...

Icenix

11-09-2012

why not just make a new gold item to replace HoG?

make one that is made out of dagger (attack speed is useless on supports which is why it works) and then have it build into an item that gives attack speed to your team for a few seconds on activate (attack speed shurelias)

SmirkyChimp

11-09-2012

While im going to miss Madred’s Bloodrazor on teemo... im intrested to see the ne Blade of the Ruined King and how it will work out instead ^_^

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

i can go with this. i would still be interested in having in item proc something every few hits like spark and the item it replaced.

ploki122

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
You just contradicted yourself right there, 1st you say its a useless item only viable in a 1 or 2 champs, then you say that it had to be nerfed.

WTH man!
They are complementary... He says that in most cases the item is a noob-trap that is owrth less than its value, and in the case where it is actually efficient, it is so efficient it may require a nerf (to either the champ or the item) making the item even more niche (and eventually so niche that it is useful on 3 champs up to 2 minutes per game.

JJJNigel

11-09-2012

Quote:
Here's the core difference - Sightstone doesn't net you advantage if you are passive. Having wards provides safety - but Heart of Gold actually nets you advantage by passive play due to your passive GP/10 will override the value of active play.

You're not going to win the lane any harder by being safe - whereas HoG causes you to win the lane harder by being hard to burst.
from the stats you posted, and assuming wards and health have the same gold cost as season 2, sightstone is more OP than HoG.

HoG = bad use of your gold that breaks even after 10 minutes and then you start earning bonus gold (5gp10).
sightstone = fine use of your gold immediately and then after ~7 minutes you start earning even more gold than HoG (~7gp10).

ploki122

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABLACKGUY View Post
why not just make a new gold item to replace HoG?

make one that is made out of dagger (attack speed is useless on supports which is why it works) and then have it build into an item that gives attack speed to your team for a few seconds on activate (attack speed shurelias)
Yeah, removing a GP5 that was troublesome on top lanes and replacing it by another GP5 that isn't usable by supports is definitely the key (and in most cases, it would probably be only really useful for adc, who can't afford time-wise to buy GP5s)