Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serratedblade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroughtMyFgame View Post
If they ruined a game by potentially killing one very niche build path on a select few characters, maybe you need to reassess why you enjoy this game.
I enjoyed this game because i got to express my self in what i liked to build. this is why i like to play this game I play it because i like to play champions because they are fun to be played that way. you obviously don't know how to have fun.

Cuhlaymore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hey Xyph, I hope you see my post and are able to answer my question.

In regards to Sightstone, how will this work with the current top lane? There's pretty much the same 3 ganking paths, but for champions like Singed and Nasus who have somewhat bad early game and godlike late game, that seems a little strong. They could build the Stone for their early game to keep their lane basically ungankable (with the addition of an extra ward to buy to keep the three paths warded).

What are your thoughts on this?

Torin Wayfayer

11-09-2012

How will the removal of heart of gold and rejuv pendant effect Randuins?

ScarletDeviI

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Nope - in this case, the bruiser in question should've gotten Wit's End instead - as they get similar damage and defenses for roughly half the cost.
Will you at least replace MBR with another "God Tier" On-Hit item?

MBR itself wasnt specifically that important, just a high end on-hit item.

Personally i would consider MBR flawed, but not really bad, im really confused why where talking carries when bruisers where the better users of it. I think it just needed a rework (Change the on-hit damage to flat not %, remove some of the AD and replace with armor, possibly make it a two stage item like hexdrinker + maw so you dont have to spend the full 4k gold to get the proc.)

Either that, or you did something along those lines and (The shiv?) and we just dont know about it yet. BRK (Blade of the Ruined King) is great and all, but isnt that great for someone that just wants on-hit (On-Hit teemo, Volibear, It should be good on WW but i dont know yet.) Plus its only one item, On-Hit really doesnt have that many options currently, and all the on-hits are unique so you cant stack them (Unlike ADC itemization with PD\BT, Hell if you really wanted to you could stack IE's and it wouldnt be horrible.)

BaneRain

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin Wayfayer View Post
How will the removal of heart of gold and rejuv pendant effect Randuins?
They're changing the recipes for them.

aimless231

11-09-2012

Quote:
We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.
You say that the other gold items have upgraded build paths, but what about the basic items themselves? Specifically Kage's Lucky Pick and Avarice Blade?

Neither one of these items really provide great stats for support characters (excluding some AP harass champs like Lux that can be used in a support role). There are a lot of games as a support player that I would go triple GP10 (Philo, HoG, Kage's) and simply never turn Kage's into anything and sell it when the game went late enough.

And that doesn't begin to tackle Avarice Blade... which I've never built on any champion except Tryndamere in a tough lane matchup to get a little extra critical chance and gold income. I can't imagine any other champ (Gangplank maybe?) that would even consider this item.

TheVoidDream

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhlaymore View Post
Hey Xyph, I hope you see my post and are able to answer my question.

In regards to Sightstone, how will this work with the current top lane? There's pretty much the same 3 ganking paths, but for champions like Singed and Nasus who have somewhat bad early game and godlike late game, that seems a little strong. They could build the Stone for their early game to keep their lane basically ungankable (with the addition of an extra ward to buy to keep the three paths warded).

What are your thoughts on this?

I posted similar thoughts on page 41 of this thread. I'm not bashing Xypherous or whining about a half revealed item at all ... as is suggested by some others. I am just curious about the possible aggressive plays that could come from this.

D3rp

11-09-2012

Force of nature gone? Really? I love that item, makes Garen a BAMF.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Nope - in this case, the bruiser in question should've gotten Wit's End instead - as they get similar damage and defenses for roughly half the cost.
Wits end damage : 42
madred damage against a 2Khp target : 80magical+40physical=120

i'm not sure 42 and 120 are "similar damage"

and against 4Khp tank, madred can deal up to 200/hit, only 42 for wits. big difference imo.

MPonder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
With that said, do you guys have plans to change or remove the current IE/PD build path that almost completely dictates the course of practically all existing AD carries?

----

I'm also interested in your thoughts on Deathcap.
The way I see it, Deathcap's artificial scaling has weakened the overall kits of modern APs as a whole, because their numbers, both base and scaling, have to be decreased to account for the massive power that Deathcap provides.

The problem with this is that I like to play tanky APs, and some of my favorite mages (Ziggs!) just do not work with a tanky AP build, and thus I am forced to build glass AP to have a meaningful amount of damage.

I love the playstyle of ranged APs, but I prefer trading a bit of damage for the ability to take a hit or 2 from a bruiser and not die instantly, which I just cannot do with a lot of mages right now because they are so dependent on the scaling from Deathcap.

So anyways, have you guys considered removing Deathcap and buffing mages to compensate? Or removing the % AP from Deathcap and just making it give like, 150-200 AP or something?
So, you want to be tanky as ****, and do tons of damage. Do you think this would be fair?