Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
As a Warwick player that used Bloodrazor as part of my core build, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. 4% of current health vs. 4% of max health is a major difference.

Before, Bloodrazor and Warwicks ult would take 24% of the targets health, just from Bloodrazors procs alone. Now, the Blade will do decreasing damage, making Warwick's ult much less deadly. So, when are the buffs for Warwick coming?!?!?!

Btw @Xypherous, Warwick players hate you now.
Actually I think they'll love the ranged slow on the Blade. Rush that thing and your gank when your ult is down.

ThinWhiteDuke

11-09-2012

Just finished doing the math. Not only is sightstone cheaper (aka can be picked up earlier) than HoG but it actually pays for itself faster than HoG. The calculations were done using the health values of ruby crystal as a base for gold value per 1 unit health. HoG takes 10 minutes to pay for the value of its passive while Sightstone takes less than half of that (around 4 and a half minutes). This item needs a nerf especially with jungle changes discouraging early ganking- once sightstone is picked up bot will be pretty much un-gankable. Thoughts?

AgendaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Nice

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Will we see Ionic Spark come back as a Black Torch attack damage caster variant. I kind of consider them the Red Mage of this game only that they have nothing to support their dependence on casting abilities. When I play Pantheon it don't play him for his auto attack I play him to see HeartSeeker melt hp bars and use his auto attack only to fill in the time between cooldown.

Doctor Swole

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
While the optimal number of wards on a map is roughly around 5 depending on which objectives are up
Guessing you didnt watch s2 tourny cause the optimal amount of wards on the map is in every single bush

Rhiljeryne

11-09-2012

@Xypherous

You were talking about the prohibitive cost of consumables earlier. Were there discussions past or present about having items/effects etc. changing those values? If so are they limited to a flat global reduction or is it possible to see dynamic item prices that change in some way each game?

eg. Item X reduces cost of item Y under certain conditions (either immediate or over time).

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fLUORESC3NT View Post
QFT. I'm wondering how this will affect my Malphite jungle build, especially considering the jungle changes....??
early kindlefire gem, health + cd's could be an alternative

Arcus Veles

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Manaless supports aren't something I'm sure is a good idea to support. There's a weird flow to manaless supports where if they *can* support effectively - then the only option left is to burst because sustaining / harassing are effectively free for them.

You can't burn down the mana bar of something that has no mana, essentially. It's a very dangerous concept in general.
I think a support with large energy cost skills would be viable, because they would have windows for counterplay. Support Shen is like that right now, if is taunt is missed it's behind a long cooldown and he's very low on energy afterward.

Couldn't Karma('s rework) be an energy champ? All of her skills could be 50-80 energy, then greatly increased in cost when Mantra charged. Just make the damage components the base versions, and attach all of the utility to the Mantra'd versions and you've got a support champ that has the ability to support but has strong opportunity costs when it comes to which effects you want in a short period of time.

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
Guessing you didnt watch s2 tourny cause the optimal amount of wards on the map is in every single bush
for baron fights optimal amount of wards around baron is at least 5 in itself lol

LightEcho

11-09-2012

So two questions
Why are niche items bad while niche champions are fine?
You say there are 3 main gank routes but this only holds true on one side of the map. Isn't it a bit unfair for blue side to need to purchase an extra ward if it wants to be as safe as purple? Kind of map issue in general but still.