Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
So, Xyph, will this help supports and support tanks actually have other items?

Because I am never allowed to buy out of a certain selection of items no matter who is picked. You see a support with anything even resembling their recommended build? NOPE!

Poor leona never being allowed to actually tank anymore.

If anything, Riot needs to make a announcement talking about how wonderful it is to SHARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WARDING

It makes no sense. They make the person with the lowest amount of cash spend the most on consumables.

FenrirW0lf

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
As a Warwick player that used Bloodrazor as part of my core build, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. 4% of current health vs. 4% of max health is a major difference.

Before, Bloodrazor and Warwicks ult would take 24% of the targets health, just from Bloodrazors procs alone. Now, the Blade will do decreasing damage, making Warwick's ult much less deadly. So, when are the buffs for Warwick coming?!?!?!

Btw @Xypherous, Warwick players hate you now.
Well, we all hate warwicks who rush MBR so right back at ya

Badruk

11-09-2012

I'm fine with the FON removal (prepared for down votes) because if built on a bruiser you completely shut down a mage and also I think the regen passive was unneeded and will probably get added to a fully stacked warmogs (similar to the new archangels) or something similar and spirit visage may be the new item that gives the most mr. In response to the lich bane assault, the move speed on that item makes sense because it requires champs that normally stay away (mages like lux and orianna) to get close enough to auto attack (which is the main reason that lux has such a high base move speed) whereas the movespeed on FON was random considering the passive nature of the regen it gives

Basically, FON's components will most likely be put into other items that were built along side it already, personally I look at it similarly to the zhonya's ring situation

Thorthedark

11-09-2012

Quote:
Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.
Well what about Rage users?
Rage is a hindrance in itself. It only hurts. So they have no advantage and no gp/5.

Sybil Cut

11-09-2012

Quote:
Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.
So, now the question remains.. Where will I get my proper fill of chain lightning goodness for Volibear?

Steelflame

11-09-2012

Xypherous, I am curious what your view on adding Hextech sweeper and the Grez's Specteral lantern to SR? It would be nice to have a method, not involving oracles (perhaps even removing them) to counter wards, BUT not be as dominant as the current oracles is at it.

That was why I thought it would be great to deal with the problem of the oracles dominance. It, simply enough, counters wards, but at only one spot a minute, it promotes hiding wards in different areas, and making the enemy have to guess where the ward is. And even if they do guess, they have now to deal with a 1 minute CD before they can deal with another ward. If that was problematic, boost the current CD by 30 seconds to 90, surely being able to counter two wards every 3 minutes. THAT broken, is it?

This would help counter out people getting sightstone or other methods of warding some, without investing in oracles/vision wards, but instead an item.

I actually think I might make this its own thread, so it doesn't get drowned out in this thread.

Gnomis Pervertus

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serverny JR View Post
With these free wards:
step 1) bot lane is pretty much permawarded.
step 2) early Oracle is even more mandatory to have anychances to gank bot lane ever if you are not shen/nocturne
step 3) most junglers cant afford early Oracle cause its extremely not safe, jungle is stronger, you are lower on HP and you dont have early tankyness from HoG that fit every jungler before.

I'm afraid end result will be "in soloQ jungler will never wants to gank bot lane in soloQ - waste of time 99% of time"
To the first point, any support worth their lick probably would have already had bottom lane perma-warded. Only with the sightstone, they'll be able to put gold toward spiffy items to help their team, rather than spending them on wards non-stop.

To the second point, ganking doesn't always have to be about making a kill. Making the lane back off so your teammate can get in some farm without being harassed will still help. And you can always try and sneak up in lane through the lane brush on top/mid.

To the third point... probably true. I always hate getting oracles because of the risk. Doesn't matter what role I'm playing.

fLUORESC3NT

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Hey, Xypherous. With the removal of Heart of Gold, what's going to happen to tank Supports? By that, I mean people like Leona. Currently, the ability to build GP5 and tank with the Heart of Gold is a lot of what allows her to function.

Is something being done to help out here?
QFT. I'm wondering how this will affect my Malphite jungle build, especially considering the jungle changes....??

MirrorFiend

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
As a Warwick player that used Bloodrazor as part of my core build, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. 4% of current health vs. 4% of max health is a major difference.

Before, Bloodrazor and Warwicks ult would take 24% of the targets health, just from Bloodrazors procs alone. Now, the Blade will do decreasing damage, making Warwick's ult much less deadly. So, when are the buffs for Warwick coming?!?!?!

Btw @Xypherous, Warwick players hate you now.
I'm almost certain Wits End was, and still is better on WW than Blood Razor.

CarlSagansCosmos

11-09-2012

Xypherous__ are you sure that the removal of HoG won't cause more passive game play. HoG allowed me (janna usually) to survive a burst from someone like trista and Graves, as it is, I think i'll have to play more passively.

If the idea is to get bot lane to be MORE aggressive, where does that place characters who really can't be more aggressive (such as janna).

Also, wasn't Sona JUST nerfed because of her interplay with HoG? Will she be rebuffed?