Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
Xyph, I'm worried about this HoG removal, specifically regarding how it'll effect squishy supports.

Currently, HoG is detrimental to the squishy supports (Soraka/Janna/Sona/Lulu etc) to be able to have some relevance in the increase of aggressive-tanky-kill lane supports nowadays. When it is gone, supports will have to wait a long time to be able to get any tanky items, where HoG was fairly cost efficient and allowed you to have some health in the early phases of the game.
except now you have sightstone which

costs less gold.

gives 300 gold worth of wards each back (assuming @ 0 charges)

lets you place 2 wards at a time and if you do place 2 every 3 mins, you get 6 mins of ward coverage.

AND gives 125 health, 75 less then heart of gold but with MUCH MORE utility

ploki122

11-09-2012

First thought on this matter, I'm globally happy about it... First of all, please understand that I'm not plat, haven't played 25k games, haven't been here since beta, haven't mastered every single champions... Heck! I'm not even viable in every roles... So don't quote me as if I'm trying to look overly good and doing the QA's job, I know that they have both more skills and experience than me on this... Still, I think that having the "slightly lower" cast's opinion is also interesting (especially since I love support, and I presume quite a bit of changes are at least remotely aimed at them... since they are in an awkward spot in S2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Meki Pendant & Rejuvenation Bead – Removed
As long as you tell me that you bumped fairie charm's MP5 (and thus price), I see no problem there... however if it is still the 180gp mp5 item, I think that it will greatly affect the early game... you would have the choice between using 2-3 slots to get more MP5, or not wasting your money and still having troubles in your lane (not sure what the matchup is, but the point is you're being mana-starved). Otherwise, I really find interesting the fact that you won't end up wasting an item because you bought the wrong regen item (and since both values were quite close, it was pretty much a game of guessing what you would require later on).

Quote:
Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed
Alternative: Blade of the Ruined King
This one... I'm split up... I do agree that MBR was in a *very* bad spot... but I don't consider BoRK being in a much better one... it now scales on current hp... and on AD... So basically, the closer you are to killing someone, the harder it gets (which is pretty much the opposite of an RADC's role imo... since you tend to be focused and the longer it goes, the closer they get, which means that you kinda love having something to finish them off). Also, I think there is a bit of anti-synergy and unclear optimization with the Active part... First of all, the passive scales on as, the active on AD, which is weird, but more than that, it's the init vs finish that really bugs me... Like I said previously, BoRK deals less and less damage the lower they get, so you might want to use the active to finish them off... but the active also steals some MS, (funny how they complained about Mana Barrier, but not Seismic Shard), meaning that you are much better using it as soon as someone breaks through, meaning you now have to rely on AAs to finish them off (the ones that always grows weaker). So basically, I'd love to see Roku's job on masteries, because imo executionner is a must-have with BoRK.

N.B. not a proof that the item is weak, but I have yet to see anyone do remotely good with that item (or build it a second time for that matter).

Quote:
Force of Nature - Removed
Alternative: Spirit Visage
I have to agree that FoN was really strong when you could use all its stats to their fullest... I hope that Spirit Visage will be able to fill that gap for my ARAMs (bought FoN on everyone excepts pure glass cannons like nid, lux or fidd)
Quote:

Ionic Spark – Removed
Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End
I don't know exactly how vastly Tiamat has been upgraded... but it required a giganterrific boost atm... both in proc radius and effects (who requires all that regen anyway?). Also, how was Spark so viable on GP?

Otherwise... THE TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y u NO reveal Statikk Shiv (and is it viable for single-target junglers? since Statikk remade jungle... for single-target junglers)

Quote:
Elixir of Agility – Removed
Alternative: None
Nothing much to say here... I don't have enough grasp on the game yet to fully understand the impact of elixirs (but the reasoning does make sense... and pretty much everyone who bought green elixir, with a good reason to do it, did increase largely in power)

Quote:
Heart of Gold – Removed
Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items
Please! tell me that Avarice blade has been made useful... the only time I would maybe buy it is if i'm critplank and starved to the point the HoG and Philo weren't enough... Otherwise, you confirm there will be only 3 gp5s? and thus no more defensive gp5?

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
Stones are really, REALLY outrageous. No but really, I love this one and since it offers a lot of safety, I hope that more people will buy it... However, I fear that an early oracle might be too powerful if everyone is warding left and right (is the extract coming over to SR too?)

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serverny JR View Post
With these free wards:
step 1) bot lane is pretty much permawarded.
step 2) early Oracle is even more mandatory to have anychances to gank bot lane ever if you are not shen/nocturne
step 3) most junglers cant afford early Oracle cause its extremely not safe, jungle is stronger, you are lower on HP and you dont have early tankyness from HoG that fit every jungler before.

I'm afraid end result will be "in soloQ jungler will never wants to gank bot lane in soloQ - waste of time 99% of time"
isn't that how it was anyways?

TempestKin

11-09-2012

I can see sightstone being a huge benefit to me as a main support player, however I can also see myself having to grab an extra ward so I can keep 3 out still. Still, I love this change. It's major helpful.

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc72 View Post
no. he meant that currently supports are buying 5 wards every 3 minuets, costing them 375 gold every 3 minuets. and that "item" is the current pigeon hold.
The new item is the alternative.

Problem I see though is other positions abusing this item,for 650 gold I'd gladly buy this as a top lane because I could keep everything warded and never have worry about a gank.

FlySkyHigh777

11-09-2012

I'm really sad about the ionic spark removal I really enjoyed getting ionic spark on Volibear and getting that double-lightning proc. Hell, it was a build-central item for me. RIP.

The Star of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Upgrades to... *is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
OMG! If I upgrade it a Riot team will kidnap me in the middle of the game?! How is this a viable upgrade! =)

EnderForHegemon

11-09-2012

crazy. NOOOOOOO FORCE OF NATURE NOOOOOOO

serverny JR

11-09-2012

Would be nice if Riot used "FON is removed cause it counters burst mages too hard" logic from position of AD casters looking at mages with Zronyas "oh look that Kata just used zronyas and ignored 70% of my damage i deal as Talon, if by any chance she forgets to use it however my damage is STILL halved".

GrimoireM

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
xyph can you please PLEASE explain to me how and why FON was removed? How can you even remotely say you feel:

THATS RIDICULOUS! That's one of my core items for just about most of my tanks when stacking high health against a magic damage team. Whats not to love about movement speed, health regen and about 75 MR? That's my favorite item when playing malphite against a magic damage team...
See, it's actually too good of an item. Getting it straight up ruins AP carries if you can pull it off asap (difficult due to the cost), but worth it due to the stats. FoN also complements Randuins far too well, and needs to go. Ironically, it fits on most late game bruiser and tank builds fairly easily. You don't even have to try to make it work, it works TOO well.