Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

1. How many items are you guys planning on adding? I'm imagining a huge number simply because the idea of individuals having their own *Unique* and *Personal* builds for their favorite champions would require an enormous amount of flexibility in terms of builds. Especially to combat Cookie Cutter builds.

2. One of the references was *Increased CC for your AP Carry* via items. How will you combat champions that already have high CC and use AP (Malphite, Nautilus, Leona, Maokai, Etc.) from becoming even more powerful.

Felaedor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crage View Post
New reportable offense: Did not buy SIghtstone as first or second item.
New function: Sightstone Buster - monitors games where a summoner did not purchase Sightstone, and after complex algorithm detecting a certain pattern of behavior, automatically issues permabans.
This.

Unless the range on Sightstone wards is something like 350 or less, the item is overpowered as ****.

Firellius

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Meki Pendant & Rejuvenation Bead Removed

These items have been removed because they were mostly superfluous item paths that constrained early game purchases and mid-game upgrades. Everything that builds out of Meki Pendant and Rejuvenation Bead has been modified to build out of Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm.

Alternative: Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm

These items will sit at a much smaller price-point but build into many more items overall, allowing players to have much greater flexibility when building items out of regeneration items.
Whoa, whoa, hang on a second!

Mana regen gets left to the less cost efficient item, while health regen gets left to the more cost efficient item?

If anything, that should be the other way around! Mana regen enables offense, health regen discourages it because anything you do won't stick! This doesn't make any sense to me if you're still trying to rid the game of passiveness!

Removing meki pendant is just another sly nerf to put mages further back. Instead of having one Meki Pendant, you now need two Faerie Charms. So you need two items to build out of it or you'll have to sell back. Or you could stay with one Faerie Charm and just run out of mana faster.

So either you'll lose a liiiiittle bit of early game influence, or you'll lose a liiiiittle bit of mid-game influence. That is, if you're mana dependant. Like most mages are.

IGotCareless2

11-09-2012

Will there be other good early game tankiness items besides HoG, since its being removed? HoG was good because it gave something besides just Health, it gave 5GP10. Will something that gives HP and soemthing small, like a little armor or MR be added?
Yes, I know about Kindle Gem, but I already get one for my Shurylia's.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Loss of MBR seriously makes Skarner and Shyvana sad.

It is such a great single-slot offensive items on them, with powerfully synergistic stats. It makes a great item for leveraging a winning game (or to amplify their ability to cut down hard targets).

BotRK is not an armor item
If you bought MBR on Shyvana you were doing it wrong.

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

I noticed you kept Wriggle's as of this Thread... Does this mean it's staying in it's current state? Jungle changes have me worried it will be fundamentally altered

Based God Sion

11-09-2012

So you've put out to dry EVERY single non mana champ in the game from having a gp/5 item if they dont use ap.....

Because that's a good idea

Oh yes

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*

Yasuchika

11-09-2012

As an fairly avid Hecarim player, the removal of FoN makes me a sad pony.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
4 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Holy ****ing passive play Batman, especially if it upgrades in to anything remotely worth a slot.
Here's the core difference - Sightstone doesn't net you advantage if you are passive. Having wards provides safety - but Heart of Gold actually nets you advantage by passive play due to your passive GP/10 will override the value of active play.

You're not going to win the lane any harder by being safe - whereas HoG causes you to win the lane harder by being hard to burst.

Quote:
So you've put out to dry EVERY single non mana champ in the game from having a gp/5 item if they dont use ap.....
Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.