Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadzar

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
MtG has the space to use bad cards as part of their learning process? Why? The entire deck construction phase is testing your filtering skill as a player. Learning what cards work well with you and what cards don't work in the context of your 60 cards is something that is done in isolation - without time pressure - and fairly independent of the opponent.
Assuming the correct MTG being talked about is the Richard Garfield created collectible card game, there is a flaw in your understanding of it. Maybe you dont play, or dont see it.

bad cards exist yes, because it is a CCG, meaning they need filler to sell boosters, they dont offer just allowing to buy only useful cards, this is how the money is made, but selling 1 good card in each booster if lucky.

the deck construction phase is not testing your skill, but your wallet in being able to buy the best net decks available. meaning you find the "Recommended Items" somewhere to buy, and just follow the instructions (similar to LoL) of how to use these in the ONETRUEWAY to play. only those with the most money to always buy the best cards, really have ANY competitive staying power. skill only comes into deck building after you can afford to buy the cards.

the only way to produce skill without buying requirements is sealer or draft, where you get to pick cards, and in turn you must take some cards for your deck, and at times take cards that would prevent your opponent from getting them that could hurt you. it is VERY dependent on your opponent, but less dependent than the case where your opponent can afford the better cards to make the better deck.

not sure how an MtG reference could connect at all to LoL since everyone can buy everything in the item shop and doesnt get stuck with random useless junk for the price, save for some items that jsut seems useless, and others that are forced to be required by design or lack of an alternative for those wanting the alternative.. but maybe i will find it as i read backwards through red posts.

MtG is one GIANT trap option, as it only traps your wallet into a neverending cycle of buying more and more to play or be left behind until such time as you quit playing....which for me was around 7th edition before artifacts actually equipped to summoned creatures. I will take my Enduring/Bombardment or Mesa/Craft deck against ANY LoL champion and walk over it as if it were a puddle of poodle piddle though.

Fancy Frenchman

11-19-2012

I Disagree with removing HoG and Meki, reason for HoG is its a good item for tanks if you dont like the fact it gives to much health then NURF that down to say 125+ and fine with the 3 gold per 10 also Meki just nurf that down a bit dont get rid of it how else am I gonna get a Manamune.

wiedzmak

11-22-2012

so u remove one of best tank items, and one of 2 decent mr items(im talking about fon) beacouse.. waht? it gives everything tank needs and no single stat is wasted. Removing this item will hurt REALY badly all tanks especialy nasus and shen.

Quote:
because it was too good, plain and simple
and now only decent MR item for tanks is BV... so nice.

Timekiller11

11-27-2012

Rammus is going to die....

they ****ED him when he got Nerfed 90 patches in a row...

now they remove the only item helping him in the jungle (HoG)

Removing his main HP regen, his bonus Speed AND his main MR item(FON)

Increasing the price of his core Item (Tornmail reciept change)

FON advantage was (% Max HP) regen / second
it was allowing some tanks to come back in the fight after a little break.
looking spirit visage, we are FAR from something decent.

Kralli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Man, I built FoN on all of my bruisers and tanks. It was a perfect item for tanky characters who don't need to focus AP or mana into their builds, and a great option for giving them better survival against AP characters. Saying that it is confusing is like saying that you haven't seen what niche it helps fill out.

After trying out combinations of of items including Warmogs and Spirit Visage, it now takes too long to get the desired effects to make up the now removed item while getting unwanted positive effects in place of what is needed more.

Dalj Thorn

12-20-2012

Force of nature was a great choice BECAUSE of its diverse and significant stat boosts! BRING FON BACK!

CadinhoBhz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

OMGF man OMFG!!