Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Amumu World

11-12-2012

HoG removed? That hit 410 HP Sona right in the shin.

Best Amumu World

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjochito View Post
removing force of nature? comeon, it is a must in every tank when the enemy got some AP, and what other gold per 10 items exist apart from the philosophers and the heart of gold?

A item that increases crit chance. No one buys it unless you're building low elo crit plank.

Ultrazero

11-12-2012

Will innervating locket be making a comeback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7pceX_Mnk

Dpaladinx

11-12-2012

Are there any chances for Blade of the Ruined King to be introduced in Summoner's Rift or create some anti-tank item for an ADC? The removal of Madred's Bloodrazor is very upsetting for me having to deal with tanks with Thornmail (which I often build MBR when countering a thornmail).

Kelhan

11-12-2012

Xypherious, I would really like to know your opinion on GA and it's current status. I feel that this item promotes "bad" play.

When you face GA, iIt's basically punishing attack focus/ burst down a single opponent quickly strategies and promotes "bad" behavior by forcing cooldowns on a char that will respawn no matter what instead of dropping in dead. By the time your cooldowns come back up, the enemy team will surely make you pay dearly. When someone like Jax/Irelia/anyone really with significant damages start attacking you, you just CAN'T ignore him even if he has GA, thus forcing you to waste a lot of time and ressources for no immediate gain.

When you have GA, it allows you to dive to a certain death on purpose without being punished since you will respawn meaning that you don't actually care about your safety for some time.

I understand that Yoric and Zilean have the same mechanic, but it's on an ultimate and you have to cast it, which can't be done if the target is bursted too fast or your reaction time is slow. It isn't available on every single character in the game.

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I wonder why is this on General discussion and not in the announcement section. Anyway...

I understand that you have to remove HoG from the game because it works against your desired gameplay, but i think that you should give tanky supports another option, por example an armor and gold item, or magic resist and gold. Because, supports are getting a huge nerf with it's removal, even though you are going to add that warding item. For example, i tend to buy a lot of vision wards when i'm supporting, to counter my oponent and forcing him to expend money in some of them too, so it doesn't help me at all during the early parts of the game to have normal wards for free after buying a 600 gold item. I would probably depend more on another money item, although all of the rest are not really that useful since the evolution they have is not as rewarding as Randuin is for tanky supports.
For example, i main Volibear Support, and i always start with boots and a vision ward, then i rush a HoG to get tankyness and money, but now i don't have that chance, and the other items really don't work on him, Shurelya is weak in comparison to Randuin's.

Also another part that ruined me now is the removal of FoN, i used to finish my build with that item. I understand that you think this item nulls casters, and probably it does, that's why it was so good, but you had to reach really late game to get it to work effectively, but well, griefing never worked, and we realized that with the Healing nerf that happened a long time ago, that was my reason to go from normal supports to tanky supports. Anyway, i hope you will make a lot of items that broaden the options of tanks builds, because removing FoN makes you feel that your only real option is Banshee's when it has a lot less MR than FoN, making tanking against mages a lot harder. At least make an item that mirrors Thornmail but with magic resistance, or something like that.

To summarize:

- Compensate the loss of HoG with an armor or an MR +gold item.
- Compensate the loss of FoN with a mirrored version of Thornmail.

3mptylord

11-12-2012

I swear I saw mentioned somewhere that Frozen Heart is receiving a similar treatment to Force of Nature (being broken into its composite features)... but I can't for the life of me find the citation. Q_Q

XxAbigailxX

11-12-2012

Will there be a new GP5 with increased Health Regen compared to Philo Stone instead of Mana regen? This will be useful for top lane champions who lack sustain.

Also how will the item changes impact Mundo? Mundo Top and Jungle both usually get HoG and Spirit's Visage early. Also Mundo is probably one of the champions who effectively utilize all the stats on FoN.

The changes to Spirit's Visage could cause it to be less effective due to the higher cost, plus Negatron Cloak isn't that useful early game. And Mundo's weakness is early game.

In addition, the new jungle items do not seem to benefit jungle Mundo, as Mundo does not build Wriggles, nor does he use mana. His resource is health. The loss of HoG also means there is no efficient GP5 for Mundo if he falls behind.

Mchi

11-12-2012

So Xypherous is there any chance we will be getting an AD and Armor item that is not wriggles. I never know what to build when I'm a tanky bruiser vs a tanky bruiser except for health.

Ringo Mandingo

11-12-2012

heart of gold being removed? come on =\ was such a perfect early game item for so many champions, what am i going to get on shyvanna or mundo now? philo, kages, avarice blade? >.<