Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadSeer

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sorry to say, but Phage is actually grossly overpowered right now. :P

This definitely might happen. If it does, you should let us know. Champion balance will be in flux after these changes and some champions might need help. We're redoing itemization to get a better system to balance champions around.
Rammus is already in a bad spot, outshined by other tanky junglers. I can't believe nothing has been done to him yet and that he will actually be WORSE in Season 3. He better be one of the first champions to be buffed.

nothing1231

11-11-2012

wow.... HoG gone... Don't mean to complain but they might aswell nerf all the support champ. HoG was like most of the supports number one item... Oh well :/

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing1231 View Post
wow.... HoG gone... Don't mean to complain but they might aswell nerf all the support champ. HoG was like most of the supports number one item... Oh well :/
Sightstone bro! Totally worth it.

Al Shabab

11-11-2012

Quote:
I tried really hard to make one - but it kept fighting with Manamune for dominance.

So instead I just tried to focus on making Manamune better.
do you see improved manamune as something miss fortune and pantheon players will actually buy in high lvl play?

Because that new manamune WILL HAVE TO compete with the: boots>2 doran>BT strategy... and if you are not getting manamune early you are just avoiding it completely...

And which champions is manamune even OPTIMAL EARLY CHOICE? All ad spammer types are going for something else: ez, corki, irelia, jayce for trinity, pantheon, wukong for the new BC, fortune for raw ad from BT, and darius and olaf for something tanky...

I see the buffed manamune as an (unneeded) buff to yorick and nothing else. I hope you will explain why should ppl buy manamune instead of BT in high lvl of play where mana is much less of an issue.

Chessiere

11-12-2012

You say you want to eliminate passivity and that you don't like it, however you either don't seem to realise or simply have other plans for it that wards are the cause of passivity.
I remember Stonewall saying how in his opinion it's wards that make the game more passive than what it could be. I do understand what he meant by that as it is thanks to wards that confrontations are avoided and prevents ganks making the game less aggressive regardless.
And the next thing you do is create an item with 4 wards with a max of 2 wards being present at once? Hmm...

Elocator

11-12-2012

Meki's Pendant & Rjuvenation Bead: No real loss here. Does leave one wondering about Ruby Crystal & Giant's Belt's relationship, though, considering Sage's Ring has been gone for how long now...? I don't think anyone even remembers what it built into, if anything.

Madred's Bloodrazors: You had me worried for a moment, and then I saw where you were going with it. Bildgewater Cutlass has been a favorite temporary item of mine for a while now, whenever the going got tough at the wrong time and I needed both more AD & lifesteal, and now I have an item to turn it into aside from Gunblade. I cannot express how glad this makes me.

Force of Nature: That's... not going to cover all the bases that need to be covered. The loss of a movespeed item for tanks is going to be a huge setback, and no, neither Boots of Swfitness nor Shurelya's is gonna fix this. Boots of Mobility might from time to time, but that'll cause a lot of complications. I run all of my tanks with Boots of Swiftness, 2-3 Greater Quintessence of Sugar Rush, & a Force of Nature, and barely get to where I need to be on time as it is. Flash & Ghost are also favorites of mine as tanks, just to get to where I need to be to save my teammates. I don't know about the rest of you, but even with my hesitation to play ranked and only about 60-40 win-loss ratio, I find positioning to be easily the most important part of this game. If you're caught in a bad spot, you're toast, no matter who you are. Alternatively, if you're positioned well, you're likely to melt the enemy before they have time to gtfo. The loss of FoN doesn't sound like it's getting made up for either. So what will I build? Phantom Dancer? Fat chance. No tank is going to have a use for that. Trinity Force? Not much better of an alternative, for the same reason: tanks build too little AD or rely on abilities rather than auto attacks to do work. Lich Bane has the issue of most tanks won't have enough AP to make great use of it.

Ionic Spark will be missed, not for it's usefulness, but for the laughs. 'twas a fun item.

Elixer of Agility is a surprise, but understandable.

Heart of Gold: NONONONONONONO! Kage's and Avarice Blade are horrible alternatives! This will end poorly for supports everywhere. Also: Winning your lane? Only gold/10 item I've do that is Philly Stone. HoG gets melted away like any other 250 health, the only thing holding you back from doing so is being afraid of the larger number of smaller ticks, same as any other health item. I'm more intimidated by someone with a larger health regen rate and more damage reduction than someone with more health, especially since the new % health item is going to be even easier to work into your build, and will actually help against the specific situation of an enemy who's stacking, say, Warmog's, meaning they're actually notably harder to kill, save for the fact that they have little-to-no resistances. I really see the removal of Heart of Gold as an unnecessary one, though I will allow for the fact that I don't play high-end games to be clouding my judgement. (Less relevant note: You'll no longer be able to give Amumu his Frozen Heart of Gold! D: )

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
I'm not sure what they did for TT - but when I originally designed BoRK for SR, it did physical damage.

The second part of it was that the short range of the active life/ms steal made it so that a ranged carry had a limited degree of self-peeling - and bruisers couldn't use it to initiate you from afar. Thus the ranged carry could slip away using BoRK's active and then resume shooting you in the face with arrows.

It was traditionally strong in testing due to the fact that the little bit of slow steal / self-peeling gave your tank time to regather on you and protect you from the bruiser.

At a certain point, once you got enough attack speed - quasi-face tanking a late game bruiser with low damage became a possibility, especially after LW.
This is all I want as an adc. With all of these instant dash assassins, tank assassins, cc heavy assassins, aoe assassins, ect it meant if 1 thing touched you as an adc you were screwed. If you weren't out of their with an instant blink you were dead. Not many adc have instant blinks...

I've felt for a while that the kiting for adc has been withering and in newer cases completely power crept to where adc just have to pray through a lot of the late game.

I would really appreciate an item that returned some amount of self-preservation to the only class that can't go tanky <_<

IS118d1c68b944ead659909

11-12-2012

Will Ghost ward from Sight Stone provide 25 gold for the one who destroys it?

Rhai

11-12-2012

Force a nature, sparks and bloodrazor removed? D:
(My) Shen is sad

Benjochito

11-12-2012

removing force of nature? comeon, it is a must in every tank when the enemy got some AP, and what other gold per 10 items exist apart from the philosophers and the heart of gold?