Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pineconennja

11-11-2012

In regards to the heart of gold being removed, what about any top laner that doesn't use mana?

KillerJaedong

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineconennja View Post
In regards to the heart of gold being removed, what about any top laner that doesn't use mana?
Maybe the game will be played abit differently once they change items.
Removing HoG isn't going to be the only change.

ShadowNinetails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineconennja View Post
If they fall behind, they're either s.o.l. or they'd better learn to auto attack and use Avarice Blade or get Philo Stone and waste half the item's stats. Kinda puts the pressure on champs like Riven to win lanes, dunnit?

Doninii

11-11-2012

Okay, I'm very late to join the 'party' here, but was there any thought for more hybrid (as in AD/AP) items?
Most of my friends on LOL whenever they ask if they should go AP or AD I say "why not both?" And all I usually get is a "just no" or silence...

ShadowNinetails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doninii View Post
Okay, I'm very late to join the 'party' here, but was there any thought for more hybrid (as in AD/AP) items?
Most of my friends on LOL whenever they ask if they should go AP or AD I say "why not both?" And all I usually get is a "just no" or silence...
You mean we'll actually get to see hybrid akali as she was intended rather than "get just enough ad to proc the spellvamp passive then go all out ap"? Yes plz.

PoDragonSlayer

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXthDoctor View Post
Sure, this may work when you're looking at just tanks, but what about tanky bruisers? Take Shyvana for example. She has no natural sustain, so the hp5 helps her. The mr works wonders with her ult's passive. And the ms bonus synergizes so well with her w.

If you think about it beyond Shyvana, you realize the item really isn't that awkward at all. All its stats are useful for initiators and tanks. It can be a sort of sustain item for them when they lack that stat in other items. It can serve as the ms boost equivalent of PD on adcs or Lich Bane on ap mids.

Wasn't the reason behind FoN's awkwardness as an item the fact that it's the highest current mr item? And in order to not make this high mr item op, you stick what you consider an odd combination of stats with it. If you justify its removal with an upgrade to Spirit Visage, it seems like you'd have to add more than just increased numbers to make it a viable replacement for FoN. If you buff the passive, why not add a small hp5 stat to the item?

Another point to consider is the general lack of other heavy mr items. Currently, there are only 3 others (4 if you count the soon-to-be-buffed SV): Banshee's Veil, QSS, and Abyssal Scepter. Don't get me wrong, they're all nice items. The first 2 are very anti-cc, and the last is useful on any champ who scales well with the ap. The problem here is that they're all extremely situational as mr items that they don't usually fit into a core build as well as FoN might (maybe with the exception of Abyssal Scepter on someone like Galio). Even Spirit Visage is situational because you need someone with enough health regen in their kit/build to make effective use of its passive (Think Mundo, Vlad, etc.). This leaves players without a decent item to cover the usefulness of FoN.

Overall this item removal doesn't seem very well-thought-out.
they are moving FoN stats to other existing/new items. So FoN is technically being removed, but it's stats aren't.

Nuff said.

M O R B I Dx

11-11-2012

ok, remove alot of items instead of balancing them. hmmm. I dont like this idea so much so far, less choices.

When are you going to remove a lot of the current broken champs then? The list of champions noone plays.

O ya those directly and indirectly generate profit.

cokemonkey

11-11-2012

What? How am I gonna stack MR now? 3 Negatron cloaks?

YuriKitten

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
SotO / Mejai / Leviathan you mean?

Out of these items, Mejai's is the only one that actually works in the current state of the game, I believe. Levi's core concept I think isn't very salvage-able, unfortunately - being a defensive snowball item kind of fights itself in so many ways.

Although whenever I think about SoTO - it should work for the same reason that Mejai's works - but it's never materialized. Like, there's enough AP casters who are so safe that opting into extra risk for additional power is a great contexual buy, like Lux or Eve, for example... but there's no parallel in the AD world.
The problem with SotO is that Bloodthirster fills the same niche, only better in every way. It starts at a higher amount of AD, it stacks to the same AD, it gives lifesteal to begin with (helping you stay alive while you stack it up) and gives even more when stacked up, making it easier to keep stacks, and the stacks are far easier to farm altogether.

Even with both fully stacked, on champions that want lots of AD, the lifesteal is more useful than the 20-stack benefit on SotO and you get it even without full stacks on BT.

Similarly, Leviathan might actually see use (despite it's directly contradictory nature in being a tanky item), but Warmog's servers a similar purpose and doesn't even lose stacks at all.

Mejai's, however, has no real comparable item. The closest comparable items would be RoA and AA, but there's no issue with having even all 3 of them and (especially after the upcoming changes), it's not worthwhile to stack multiple RoAs or multiple AAs (while it's completely worthwhile to stack BTs instead of having a BT and a SotO).

Because there's not really a comparable item, Mejai's value is decided purely by its own direct value. If you can maintain 7+ stacks on Mejai's, it's cost effective to have it. If you can maintain 10-15+ stacks, you've got a very good AP item. You don't even need the full 20 stacks to justify Mejai's, but you do need the full 20 stacks to justify Leviathan or SotO, at which point you come even more into direct comparison with BT and Warmog's.

Ruka Urushibara

11-11-2012

Well, maybe they could tack on little AP, or AD, or HP per level, just like they do with Rengar's item, and then decrease the amount each stack gives you/use less stacks, and have incremental amounts of stacks (half the stacks needed for one of them gives 7.5% of whatever it is, perhaps)