Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Ok, MBR is a noob trap. Got it. Then why is Phreak building it as his first "core item" on Teemo in his champion spotlight?
Burrrrrrrrrrn mother****a.

henchdog

11-10-2012

I have to say I am a little worried about the sight stone concept.

Here is how i see it. Sight stone is essentially a large early investment to save you a lot of money later over the whole game.

The problem is that supports are desperately struggling early game with gold. Later on when gold items are built and assists are coming in things get easier but in the first 15 minutes it is a struggle to find the cash to even buy your boots, while everyone else is having fun saving up for their BF swords and phages.

Now to get the stone we must push back getting decent items even further. It feels to me that once the novelty of this item and it's concept wears off, it is going to make the supporting experience less fun not more, as we will be even more weak and vulnerable in mid game than we are now.

If you just bought wards as you needed them you could use your judgement as a support as to how many you needed - its a fun strategic decision based on the opponents team...i know which junglers i need to ward against straight away and which i can hold off for 2 or 3 minutes. You also had the option of sharing the load... jungler gets a double kill? he can help with the warding and let me finish my philo stone.

If the standard opening buy becomes 2 wards 2 pots for supports so that they can rush their sight stone it will be a pretty depressing meta for unloved support role.

Epictues

11-10-2012

damn meki pendant gives you the most mana regen at start, while also leaving you with enough gold to buy potions.

it also builds into some very important late game items.

sorry to see it be erased

JezterWithAZ

11-10-2012

Is Madred's Razors being removed along with bloodrazors?

MrHarz

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezterWithAZ View Post
Is Madred's Razors being removed along with bloodrazors?
No, the new Hatchet item for junglers is confirmed to build into it, and Madred's Razors build into Wriggle's Lantern anyway.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ghostblade + Last Whisper and ask someone on your team to get Black Cleaver. GO GO ARMOR SHRED!
Or just kill their carries while your mages/tanks/off-tanks nuke the heck out of that Armor-*****?

MiG Arktis

11-10-2012

Xypherous will we be seeing anything added for Ability power based Junglers Such as Fiddlesticks, Diana, Amumu, Malphite Etc.. To help them with Early jungle clearing?

General Stinky

11-10-2012

my elixar

IS14841afae8de23ce94dd0

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchdog View Post
I have to say I am a little worried about the sight stone concept.

Here is how i see it. Sight stone is essentially a large early investment to save you a lot of money later over the whole game.

The problem is that supports are desperately struggling early game with gold. Later on when gold items are built and assists are coming in things get easier but in the first 15 minutes it is a struggle to find the cash to even buy your boots, while everyone else is having fun saving up for their BF swords and phages.

Now to get the stone we must push back getting decent items even further. It feels to me that once the novelty of this item and it's concept wears off, it is going to make the supporting experience less fun not more, as we will be even more weak and vulnerable in mid game than we are now.

If you just bought wards as you needed them you could use your judgement as a support as to how many you needed - its a fun strategic decision based on the opponents team...i know which junglers i need to ward against straight away and which i can hold off for 2 or 3 minutes. You also had the option of sharing the load... jungler gets a double kill? he can help with the warding and let me finish my philo stone.

If the standard opening buy becomes 2 wards 2 pots for supports so that they can rush their sight stone it will be a pretty depressing meta for unloved support role.
but who said that this item has to be early game option? it can pretty much be used for the late game instead of only a stack of wards, u actually has an item + wards+ stats.

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktiswylf View Post
Xypherous will we be seeing anything added for Ability power based Junglers Such as Fiddlesticks, Diana, Amumu, Malphite Etc.. To help them with Early jungle clearing?
Pretty sure the way it was worded the new 300g "Hunter's Machete" jungle item will work on all damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

The item then branches off into 2 upgrade paths one being Madred's Razor and the other being a new item focused more towards non-autoattack based champions called the Spirit Stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
You'd be surprised because Karthus does an insanely high amount of single target damage once he isolates the big monster (after the small ones die to the AoE).

He also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.
That was from Statikk's Jungle discussion in the general forums.