Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icuonuez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

What about the stacking items? I will admit, I am a bit biased about these items. We all know that Leviathan and Sword of the Occult have no place right now, as their pro's don't outweigh their cons. Mejai's Soulstealer is used a bit more often, but again does not give enough benefits to counter the negatives that come with it. They also create toxic gameplay and bad habits, which in turn usually causes rage and/or trolling. I would personally like to see them removed, but am willing to listen to reason.

ShadowNinetails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Just remembered something. If a part of the problem with FoN is it shuts down mages, what's being done with Banshee's Veil (the item that grants the most magical dmg health)? I'm sure you guys already ran the numbers on brining down the cost of Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter, but Fon is such a key item on quite a few tanks and bruisers that it being removed really leaves me skeptical even if it's being chopped up and spread to different corners of the shop a la Braveheart. I know there's still a lot of info left to be unveiled and I'm really excited for the new ToG->AAS->SE as well as BotRK (my favorite TT item) coming to SR, Manamune (possibly) not being such a troll item on champs other than Blitz, Yorick, Urgot, and Pantheon, and Sight Stone and Sheen for tanks and and and AND...
But removing 3 items that most definitely have a place where they can be beneficial (even game saving in some cases) just doesn't feel good right now.

emTmyclipin2u

11-10-2012

Is there going to be any other tank item with movement speed increase? For champions like singed and hecarim that need a lot of speed and don't get much use of phantom dancer, tri-force or lich bane which are now the only three items outside of boots that give movement speed now I believe

Lex Domino

11-10-2012

FoN and Ionic Spark were both fine items that didn't need removal but whatever.

anding

11-10-2012

i never built ionic spark on shen (maybe cuz i'm a noob shen tank) because i never found the need for it (cuz i always built a sunfire cape on him) and spirit visage sounds reasonable on paper, so I don't mind them going, but without a heart of gold, what would shen do with a philo stone? he doesnt need mana

Poker54

11-10-2012

Im not sure if this has been covered, but what is going to happen to Boots of Swiftness, They have to be the worst option in boots or items and have been a huge noob trap forever, at least Ionic spark did something but these boots are really horrible, maybe a special passive on the boots or lower the gold but right now they are pretty much trash tier. And what about Maw of Malmortius, compared to Athenes unholy grail, the 36 MR could be bumped up to 40 MR and the cost could be lowered from 3300 to 3100 or something.

Altonious

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anding View Post
i never built ionic spark on shen (maybe cuz i'm a noob shen tank) because i never found the need for it (cuz i always built a sunfire cape on him) and spirit visage sounds reasonable on paper, so I don't mind them going, but without a heart of gold, what would shen do with a philo stone? he doesnt need mana
Shen is actually one of the champs that is heavily effected by the removal of HoG that still has a decent gp10 option in Kage's Pick. Champs such as Lee Sin or Mundo are among the most effected by the loss, as they can not make use of the other 3 gp10.

ZoDD the GoDD

11-10-2012

My opinion on Wicked Hatchet is that its too strong for 5v5. i understood it being put into 3s to make the games speed up cause heal champs would have a harder time but in 5v5 this will shut down any champion that uses their HP to cast spells and get HP back or champions that their whole kit is based on sustain.

This item also eliminates counter with MF or trist to get grievous wounds to shut down champs that had heal. I felt that ignite, the clicky that gave grievous wounds and the champs that could be selected as a counter pick were plenty to shut down a champ that had high sustain but now with the addition of this item it makes it so that people dont need to counter pick they can just play their hyper carry and get perma grievous wounds. i dont feel that a fight should be won with auto attack gg i win because i stop half your skills and i can just sleep while it happens cause i dont need to use my clicky ad the right moment.... cause that would actually take some skill and timing.

this items should at least be a clicky or have a 20-30 second cool down so its not being applied non stop through an entire fight.

Darktowermagic

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoDD the GoDD View Post
My opinion on Wicked Hatchet is that its too strong for 5v5. i understood it being put into 3s to make the games speed up cause heal champs would have a harder time but in 5v5 this will shut down any champion that uses their HP to cast spells and get HP back or champions that their whole kit is based on sustain.

This item also eliminates counter with MF or trist to get grievous wounds to shut down champs that had heal. I felt that ignite, the clicky that gave grievous wounds and the champs that could be selected as a counter pick were plenty to shut down a champ that had high sustain but now with the addition of this item it makes it so that people dont need to counter pick they can just play their hyper carry and get perma grievous wounds. i dont feel that a fight should be won with auto attack gg i win because i stop half your skills and i can just sleep while it happens cause i dont need to use my clicky ad the right moment.... cause that would actually take some skill and timing.

this items should at least be a clicky or have a 20-30 second cool down so its not being applied non stop through an entire fight.
honestly they could probably just buff Executioner's Calling and it would be alright.

Yfrappefort

11-10-2012

Ok, MBR is a noob trap. Got it. Then why is Phreak building it as his first "core item" on Teemo in his champion spotlight?