Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Dang, I really like Force of Nature. :l

THE CRlMSON CHIN

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed

Madred’s Bloodrazor has traditionally been a weak pick overall. On the surface, it appears to counter high health targets. However, its odd build path and the fact that it does magical damage make the Bloodrazor awkward in many situations. It doesn’t do as much damage as other alternatives to high hit point targets, nor is the build path something lenient enough to let you quickly build it to counter high health targets. As a jungle control item it is surpassed by Wriggle’s Lantern in many ways, especially for sustains, invades and jungle vision.
Was there any consideration to leave items such as this (and ionic spark) in the game until after the S3 changes? It sounds as though armors will be more expensive to obtain in S3 and it is possible that health stacking becomes viable. If this were the case Bloodrazor would surely have a place? Obviously at this point there's no reason to build it, (especially with its build path) but wouldn't it be smart to wait until you actually see where S3 is going before removing it?

It may just require some tweaking to actually become viable in certain situations in S3 if health were to become more common. (particularly now that all high hp targets won't just have FoN)

Vocust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.

Your forgetting the most important thing about this item though. It shoots out flippin LIGHTNING which makes you feel like a god when you use it. I hope that some of the new items have cool visible effects that reflect their power.

BadgerDrool

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazien View Post
Is it just me? or did anyone else read this post like "blah blah blah, black out ward, blah blah blah"
I think that black out ward sets up so many interesting game play mechanics that it NEEDS to be put into LoL. I mean damn that is a cool idea.

They try a jungle invade and fail but drop a ward at your blue....drop BoW (black out ward)

You want to try and gank early game without an oracles....BoW your approach and return later for the gank.

BoW could effectively remove the need for oracles from the game with out being a game breaking item.....or a nuisance either like sweeping currently is.

Lastly, his ward buff would solve Xyph's gripe about "over warding" No one would want to buy wards when they are not discounted. Make it so all "support" classes start with 3 stacks though.

My 2 cents.
TY for the feedback! I gotta say it's made me grin ear to hear. I think it's a great idea but feedback helps me be confident about it.

I think spirit stone + this = more then enough wards for support to do neat things. Not to mention adding Hextech Sweeper and such onto SR. I could sum up my conceptual goal as "Make wards everywhere but the places people are tactically attacking". It'd just be way to in-efficient to stack all the vision on one summoner in comparison to a team coordination. Something I'd hope would prove itself in high ELO.

Also the part I really like about BoW is it would allow for mexican standoffs. If both top drop a BoW in the river bush it's effectively made that area sightless entirely.

The part I somewhat dislike is that it doesn't give feedback like Vision Ward does. With Vision or Oracle you know you just shut down a ward and it feels great. BoW could do this by showing the ward it's revealing as an un-targetable but not revealing it to attack.

I'm happy I reduced the sight too. I was thinking about it and BoW has a far higher effective radius then it's range since only the ward needs to be in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf495 View Post
WTB hextech chicken. It would actually make the more passive supports fun to play, giving you something do to between cooldowns. (ex using chicken to scout enemy jungle while waiting or soraka's heal cooldown)
If Chicken was controllable I think that would be an issue and the micro thing suggests that.

I like the idea of a facecheck item though. Select location up to 2000 range away and a Hextech chicken walks toward it using normal minion pathing. Has 3 life like a ward but isn't invisible. A team in a brush has to kill it revealing they are there but it doesn't keep that spot revealed like sweeper does. Otherwise it just wanders in and shows them.

Cut it down to the basic idea of a minion you can order to a location and then it dissapears.

DarkTemplar99

11-10-2012

NOOO! FON! Having Regeneration and MoveSpeed together is actually really powerful on certain champs and with a certain playstyle. Most people just don't understand how to utilize it. The MR wasn't all that important, imo

I just hope the new regeneration items are cheap enough so I can get a phantom dancer to keep the movespeed and regen build alive.

FS Logman

11-10-2012

Quote:
What? That's what I said.

(Alternate valid responses: What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak english in What? or Say What again, I dare you. I double dog dare you.)
I like you Xypherous. Informative and funny. Thanks for all your time.

ShadowNinetails

11-10-2012

Quote:
However, Mages apply their damage very differently. Since their damage is loaded in spells - they have to do a full cooldown rotation. If this cooldown rotation doesn't get you to within lethal range for their team, you win automatically as a lot of Mage damage is locked up in long cooldown spells or their ultimate.

Mages also frequently have less opportunity to perform their perfect burst rotation - which is why that initial barrage of spells is so important.
Lux, Anivia, Akali, Katarina, Kassadin, LeBlanc and Diana are all highly confused by your logic there. :-/

Quote:
Finally, Mage damage tends to scale linearly, while physical carry damage tends to scale exponentially. Health / MR has a very good chance of invalidating a mage entirely, while the exponential nature of carries will tend to outpace any kind of defenses eventually as the game goes on - preventing counters from being hard counters from being permanent.
This seems legit. Like whenever I'm Vayne, Teemo, or Fiora and I'm relying more on attack speed than attack damage and see someone starting to build a Frozen Heart (Amumu, Leona, Ryze, Malph, Anivia and the like), I almost always go for MBR as my situational 6th to help mitigate that as slow and extra armor. Good thing that's not changing anytime soon right? RIGHT?! Oh wait....

Quote:
You say Graves / Caitlyn / Ezreal. I say Master Yi / Tryndamere / Fiora.

Tomato. TOMATO
Neither. NEITHER
Let's call the whole thing off!
Ok this I really can say "qft" to.

bussta boy

11-10-2012

Are you going to have a post of every new item and all the current items changes before they come out?

Also will there be any MR items that give CDR or an AP item that doesn't involve Mana that gives CDR

Weivy

11-10-2012

Ugh, there's a reason why tanks build FoN and not Spirit Visage anymore.

BallisticRaccoon

11-10-2012

Oh im riot and force of nature has confusing stats