Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Luckily, in lane, there are 3 main gank paths.

12 minutes of ward coverage = 300 Gold.

Sightstone = 650 Gold.

There's a starting cost that makes this balanced - as the alternative to Sight Stone is to just buy wards with Gold.

Cost-efficiency is luckily one of the easiest statistics to tune - by raising the cost of the item (especially on small items like this) - you warp the efficiency of the item quite a bit.
Cost of 125 early game health = 330 gold (based on Ruby Crystal).

This is basically two gp 10 items in one for 320 gold.

MarvelFan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsofsof View Post
ok, did anyone see wicked on clg.eu dominate with ionic spark at mlg on Irelia?

i tried his ionic spark rush irelia build since then and am now at 68% win rate with irelia in 35+ games from 50%rate at 10 games, ranked at 1400-1500 elo... 1st day I saw the build, I played 10 games, rushed ionic spark every one and won 9 of 10. It was like wriggles on crack for irelia.

It hurts so bad. Irelia is bursty enough without a Ionic Spark, with it, she's just plain mean.

Apollinarius

11-10-2012

Quote:
Indeed - I thought about this pretty hard - and came out the other side with - what is the alternative? What is the set item that you must get every game?

A stack of wards that continuously consume gold every minute of the game.

You see the problem of pigeonholing supports is an odd one - mostly because supports are pigeonholed into getting zero items at the moment - due to the high price of consumables.
If sightstone refilled to full and it was 10 charges instead of 4, and there was no limit to the number of wards, that would replace stacks of wards.

Honestly, I see this more of an early game item for solo laners to protect you from ganky junglers than any sort of replacement for stacks of wards.

flador

11-10-2012

I don't see why you're removing Force of Nature. Last time I checked, it was a go-to item for many tanks and bruisers. If you think the move speed is awkward, just remove it. Same goes for the other stats. If it isn't breaking the game, keep it in.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

No more Heart of Gold, defensive masteries changed in order to avoiud easy amror/ m resist / health... RIP Sona.

HentaiKawaiiGuy

11-10-2012

Why won't you guys post this on the client wall? Afraid that the community is going to not like it?

CragBlade

11-10-2012

Blade of the Ruined King was designed for Ranged Carries? From what I have seen it works better on Melee champs like Renekton/Jax/Darius/Lee Sin.

Apollinarius

11-10-2012

Quote:
AS/Armor benefits such a small subset of characters that I'm kind of hesitant on this. A truly decent AS/Armor item might necessitate the nerfs of already existing balanced characters and bind those characters to that item.

That's my main worry - as AS/Armor/Proc doesn't open up new gameplay for these characters - it just means that they just get more powerful with the item - which is an item that directly affects balance.

Unless the main focus of the item wasn't the AS/Armor part - it might be feasible to dance around the niche problem - you run into some oddities then, releasing an item with stats that people want but a playstyle that people don't necessarily want to be forced into.
All melee carries would benefit from an AS/Armor item. Ranged carries who want to be stronger in the laning phase would get it instead of Zerker greaves.

Armor, especially armor tied to damage stats like crit, as, ad, is a great way for champions to win against those building pure damage.

Apollinarius

11-10-2012

Quote:
If Ghostblade was good, roughly half of the champions on that list would have a GP/5 option - minus Shen/Riven/Shyvana/Zed who have absolutely no need of it.

Let's just make Ghostblade good and then worry about the 4 outliers - none of whom are particularly weak at the moment (and barring Shen, none of whom actually want Heart of Gold to begin with.)
Can you make Ghostblade good? Make it not give AS or MS and have its active give armor penetration or damage instead?

I feel that making Ghostblade good for you means buffing its active to give more AS, which is something Garen, Mundo, and other champions with garbage base AS (and consequently garbage AS scaling) have no use for.

Apollinarius

11-10-2012

Quote:
Assuming you're running into a team that's purely physical damage - Thornmail/Sunfire Cape becomes the highest source of DPS for a tank. If you're a mana based tank, there's always the possibility of getting a Sheen and upgrading it to the Tank version of Sheen.
Trinity force isn't exactly a tank item. You're better off just sticking with sheen and waving goodbye to the item slot if you really need the bit of extra damage every 2 seconds.