Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maereax

11-10-2012

Xypherous(and other reds)- I've never posted before, more of a lurker than a contributor around here, but I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all the work you're putting in here. I'm terribly excited for season 3 (or is this pre-season? whichever) because of all these item changes. It looks like you guys are working really hard to positively change the game, and from all I can tell you're doing a great job of it. Carry on, sirs.

RQ NinjaFuYa AL

11-10-2012

BRING BACK INOVATING LOCKET... and release xin

Fkin Be Rad

11-10-2012

May i ask? why are you removing the tenacity items? I love building cloak and dagger on teemo, hecarim, and warwick when the other team has a ton of cc, but i do not want to give up my berserkers grieves

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I know - when I originally tested the item, I intended it to deal physical damage. When we tested it, it dealt physical damage. When it was overpowered at % maximum health, it did physical damage.

When they ported it over to TT - I'm not sure what exactly happened. XD
Would it have something to do with the intended effects of Black Cleaver since any type of physical damage would proc the effect therefore they would synergize just much too well or was this just a random coincidence?

Fat Mchugelarge

11-10-2012

Quote:
I don't usually follow all of the TT stuff since I'm pretty heads down in making sure all of this works out in SR. I typically get tunnel vision when I'm working on something.
Bring back MBR please.

Goguma XO

11-10-2012

Quote:
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
If you can QSS out of suppression at all, it doesn't really change much. You can just as easily turn around and stun/knock-up/silence them completely out of any lingering "leash effect" and proceed onto your own spells...... as opposed to running and allowing them to do continued damage on yourself. Absolute worst case, you can simply QSS then jump/dash/tumble/flash away as ADC and AA their face off if your champ doesn't have hard CC. QSS always puts the original aggressor in a severely bad spot. In WW and Malzahar's case it leaves them still suppressed themselves while their intended "victim" has all the freedom in the world to do as they please.

QSS's ability to get out of suppression at all often times fully neuters champs like Skarner(who has always been sitting on the nerf hammer's speed dial btw). Most games there is only one or two desirable targets for Skarner to pull, but QSS eliminates all your viable pull options.

Khoafusion

11-10-2012

While I do see that you're trying to make tanky dps's less of a nuisance and have more diverse build by removing Heart of Gold, what about the tanks, are we going to see any compensating gp5 options for tank (i mean like HP + GP5 is indeed too good, but how about armor + GP5 or MR + GP5). We all see that tanky dps have been too strong, but the tanks really deserve some love (especially jungle tank, which HoG is not just an option, it is core)

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Thirdly, let's say we buffed MBR, who does this actually benefit? Well, in all actuality, it buffs tanky fighters and lets them kill squishy targets faster. At its core, MBR is a fighter item - not a ranged carry item - and while it being a fighter item *might* be fine - its real sin is that it's a anti-squishy item for bruisers that pretends to be an anti-bruiser item for squishies.

So the "conditional" here is that MBR will never actually do what on-hit proc characters want it to do - be an avenue to help them versus high health men - because MBR is most effective *on* high-health men trying to kill you - which means that it's just not a good 'niche' item. It blatantly does the opposite of what it appears to be for.
Of course it's supposed to benefit the bruisers. Duh.

It appears to do exactly what you say it does: On bruisers who only wants to devote ~1.5 slots for offense. I mean, look at all the champions who can build MBR, they are like Teemo and Warwick who are not spending heavily enough into offense to go into multiplicative scaling of resistance penetration. Why are you so keen on removing that choice?

I mean, why are you so keen on pigeonholing builds further into the 1- offense-slot and 3+ offense-slot builds? If anything you need to buff the in-between builds instead. Itemization is already weak as shat for the in-between builds. If you were serious about build diversity, then you would be buffing MBR for the in-between builds instead of removing it from the game.

I mean, do the math. Aside from being a bit too expensive (your fault and easily fixable), the "medium offense" generated by MBR with another hybrid defensive AS item like Ionic Spark or Wit's End is actually quite good. Good god, I forgot you are removing Ionic Spark, too. WTF is up with that? I mean, you are supposed to be bring balance to medium damage bruisers like Teemo and Warwick, not leave them in darkness, Xypherkin!

BoRK is a crappy substitute for this niche. Yeah, it's a more efficient item overall, but it has friggin LS! That's a terribly inefficient stat for this niche and good for multiplicative AD scaling. I mean, if you want to trade in that LS for some attack speed and add a cloth armor into the recipe, then maybe we are talking close to a MBR substitute for its niche...

Overmind Slab

11-10-2012

I like the idea of a kind of ward trap. You could buy a trap ward for 30g or so, it would only provide sight like a teemo shroom, and destroying it would deal some true damage to the last hitter and mark them with sight for a little while. This means that if someone wants to oracles sweep and you can't kill them, like a jungle mundo or something. Then they have to take the risk that you have set a trap. This also gives some counter play to this and I think it opens up some interesting strategies. You could plant 3 trap wards and one regular ward in the same spot. The sweeper has to decide if it's worth it to break all of them, or just place two regular wards so that they think one is a trap ward.

Serpenthum

11-10-2012

Xypherous:
i've been playing a lot of casters on the new twister treeline and ive noticed that aside from getting zhonya's and i guess ga or just pure armor items, there are very few armor/ap items available to us. While on the mr side you have athene's, abyssal, lichbane. Would it be possible to have at least one other item with some ap/armor stats to help casters out? (Not just on tt, but on summoner's rift too)