Adaven, The Transcendent Swordsman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

ADAVEN, THE TRANSCENDENT SWORDSMAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

LORE:

Quote:
-Not yet available.

ROLE: Hybrid

ATTRIBUTES: Carry, Mage

TAGS: Disabler, Melee, Pusher, Stun

SUMMARY

Quote:
-Adaven is an Hybrid character. I designed his kit around his E ability, Shift. This ability allows him to go from using his standard weapons which excel at dishing out physical damage to imbuing them with either Fire or Lightning (modified by AP), for his hybrid nature. This allows Adaven to "shift" his playstyle to fit the needs of the current situation.

-Adaven's visual design is that of a male in his early 30's, with rugged features and a semi-lean build. His clothes are elegant, both in color and style, but tattered from his journeys.

-Adaven will have rank 1 of his E at level one and can max it at rank 4. His Q and W abilities will be maxed at rank 6, and his Ultimate the familiar rank 3. Given the ability ranks are 6, 6, 4, and 3, Adaven essentially has an extra skill point (the free E, level 1) which corresponds with his passive, which in turn, affects his abilities accordingly.

-I envision his weapons as being similar to Agni & Rudra, from Devil May Cry 3, with a much less aggressive blade. I'll add in an image once I find one suitable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABILITIES

Attachment 561356
[Passive] Elemental Fury:

Quote:
Adaven harnesses his natural prowess and begins with a point in "Shift". Additionally, depending on which element he is currently utilizing, there are up to 3 different effects:

--Residual Embers: If Adaven's blades are imbued with fire, his basic attacks apply a DoT for 2/4/6/8% of health over 6 seconds. This effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 10 seconds.

--Residual Sparks: If Adaven's blades are imbued with lightning, every 7th basic attack will apply a .25/.50/.75/1.0 second stun.

--Natural Prowess: If Adaven's blades are without either fire or lightning, his basic attacks apply a stacking debuff (maximum of 6), lowering the foes armor and magic resistance by 2/4/6/8 for 4 seconds.
NOTE: While Residual Embers and Residual Sparks effects are increased as you level "Shift", Natural Prowess will gain its effects at levels 1, 6, 11, and 16.
Attachment 561359
[Q] Sterling Flames:

Quote:
Adaven performs a short dash forward before swinging his blades into two quick horizontal slashes that damages and applies grievous wounds for 2 seconds. With Residual Embers active, Sterling Flames will apply it's DoT, but with reduced damage. Residual Embers will not be available again until Sterling Flames comes off of cooldown.
Note: How it works.
Attachment 561367

Attachment 561363
[W] Chain Lightning:

Quote:
Adaven unsheaths his blades toward his foe with such force that he rends the earth (skillshot). Upon reaching it's end, Adaven will summon a strike of lightning that will damage in a small AoE and stun any enemy caught in the center for .75/1/1.25/1.50/1.75/2 seconds. With Residual Sparks active, the stun is increased by it's current duration, but will not be available again until Chain Lightning comes off of cooldown.
NOTE - W is activated in a fashion similar to Olaf's Undertow: The skillshot will end where your cursor was placed at the point of activation, capping at a distance of 1100 units. It's also important to note that the lighting strike does less damage the shorter it has to travel ie: for maximum damage, use at it's full length. While traveling, Chain Lightning deals physical damage while at it's destination, it deals magic damage.

Attachment 561364
[E] Shift:

Quote:
Toggle; 1 point innately specced (see passive: Elemental Fury); Adaven calls upon his abilities, changing between the elements as he sees fit and bestowing his basic attacks and abilities with additional effects. Activate to swap between Residual Flames, Residual Sparks, or his Natural Prowess. This ability can upgrade 3 times to amplify Adaven's passive effects.
Attachment 561365
[R] Twin Flurry:

Quote:
Imbuing his weapons with both fire and lightning, Adaven brandishes his blades in a flurry, striking nearby enemies and creating a dome around his body that raises his armor and magic resistance by 30/55/80 points for 3 seconds. Applies Natural Prowess to all units hit.

STATS
Quote:
-TBA

FINAL NOTES
Quote:
-None as of yet.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and happy creating!

Lastly, I take champion requests. If you have an idea that you would like made into a champion, share here. Credit will be given:

Omnifinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Bumping before bed. Again, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm relatively new with the whole "champion conception" idea. Thanks again!

Omnifinity

11-10-2012

Tough crowd :/ well, bump for some slight changes and info.

Omnifinity

11-10-2012

Bump for feedback!

Omnifinity

11-11-2012

"Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and happy creating!"

SwaggerOats

11-11-2012

I would think consolidating your passive into your [E] would be a good step. It feels like your champion doesn't have a lot to him, but that could just be me.

Here's my champion, Eksrax, the Crystalline Devourer:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2785702

Omnifinity

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageOats View Post
I would think consolidating your passive into your [E] would be a good step. It feels like your champion doesn't have a lot to him, but that could just be me.

Here's my champion, Eksrax, the Crystalline Devourer:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2785702
Concerning his passive, I listed the different effects there because the passive itself references them. If you believe transferring them over to [E]'s description would be more efficient then I will.

As more not "having a lot", anything I can take from this to avoid repeating on any further concepts?

Thanks again.

SwaggerOats

11-11-2012

It may just be because the whole original post isn't finished, really, which is fine. He just seems very simple. Again, not really a bad thing, but it makes him feel like there's less to him. I would try and have your abilities play off each other in some form or fashion in more ways then your Shift. Instead of an additional DoT, perhaps Sterling Flames reveals the champions hit for a short while?

Stacking the same effect on the same ability seems like a lost opportunity to implement something cooler and with more flavor. Perhaps take a look at some of my other champs and see what you think?

Terrus, the Soldier of Umbrus:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=terrus

Voltrex, the Living Circuit:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=voltrex

fighter20th

11-11-2012

Since you want a disrupt effect on his chain lightning it might be a more baalnced option to go with a push effect more similar to Draven's E or Zigg's Satchel Charge. Having 2 stuns on a champion might be allow him to be overbearing in his ability to apply lane pressure while the push still causes disruption and can break some effects or remove pressure from a teammate..

Also the range on his Chain Lightning, 1100, that's pretty steep. He'd instantly become a premier top laner for his ability to low risk poke enemy champions and entire minion waves while losing some ground mid lane with no real follow up ability to close a 1000 unit gap if he lands a long range stun.

I'd also consider giving him a short term buff (about 2 seconds) when he does a shift, or a specific "on next hit" effect so that his kit becomes a little more suited for versatility. You could have embers do 30% more damage if it hits a Champion, lightning could have a prolonged slow duration or slow effect, or even an increasing slow effect like Viktor's bubble or Nasus' Wither ability. and his natural prowess could ignore an additional X% or the targets armor or something.

I think there should be some clarification as to wether his Shift [Embers] does current health or maximum health or missing health, because that could completely alter his potential burst damage, if Current then he's meant to harass with it, if it's maximum he's meant to duel with it and if it's missing health he's meant to execute with it. If you want to keep the stun on Chain Lightning consider moving the slow to his Shift [Residual Sparks] and for his Shift [Natural Prowess] consider doing 2/3/4/5 with six stacks, which is stilll up to 30 free armor pen with enough activity or a prolonged duel.

Also you could make his first Affinity based on which power he opwens up with, Embers for Q, Sparks for W and maintain Natural Prowess as his initial affinity if he picks his E first.

For his R I'd say give it 6 seconds, make the Armor and MR boost 30% of his current for the duration since he's a hybrid build it opens up a tankier hybrid who could blend Zhonya's, Frozen Heart, and an Abyssal Scepter into a pretty gruesome inemization lineup

Omnifinity

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter20th View Post
Since you want a disrupt effect on his chain lightning it might be a more baalnced option to go with a push effect more similar to Draven's E or Zigg's Satchel Charge. Having 2 stuns on a champion might be allow him to be overbearing in his ability to apply lane pressure while the push still causes disruption and can break some effects or remove pressure from a teammate..

Also the range on his Chain Lightning, 1100, that's pretty steep. He'd instantly become a premier top laner for his ability to low risk poke enemy champions and entire minion waves while losing some ground mid lane with no real follow up ability to close a 1000 unit gap if he lands a long range stun.

I'd also consider giving him a short term buff (about 2 seconds) when he does a shift, or a specific "on next hit" effect so that his kit becomes a little more suited for versatility. You could have embers do 30% more damage if it hits a Champion, lightning could have a prolonged slow duration or slow effect, or even an increasing slow effect like Viktor's bubble or Nasus' Wither ability. and his natural prowess could ignore an additional X% or the targets armor or something.

I think there should be some clarification as to wether his Shift [Embers] does current health or maximum health or missing health, because that could completely alter his potential burst damage, if Current then he's meant to harass with it, if it's maximum he's meant to duel with it and if it's missing health he's meant to execute with it. If you want to keep the stun on Chain Lightning consider moving the slow to his Shift [Residual Sparks] and for his Shift [Natural Prowess] consider doing 2/3/4/5 with six stacks, which is stilll up to 30 free armor pen with enough activity or a prolonged duel.

Also you could make his first Affinity based on which power he opwens up with, Embers for Q, Sparks for W and maintain Natural Prowess as his initial affinity if he picks his E first.

For his R I'd say give it 6 seconds, make the Armor and MR boost 30% of his current for the duration since he's a hybrid build it opens up a tankier hybrid who could blend Zhonya's, Frozen Heart, and an Abyssal Scepter into a pretty gruesome inemization lineup
You sir, have given me quite a lot to learn with champion creating. I will take what you say and try applying some of it. Hopefully my future creations require less tweaks.

Thank you muchly!