Who do you want for the male side?

Swarm of the Void-BergMeister 4 44.44%
Jack the Ripper-Script Lord 0 0%
Majar, The Chainsaw's Fury-FlamesofTerror 0 0%
Cain, The Forgotten Shield-Lord Kyleshorse 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Male CCFC voice over contest Voting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
I meant how would you interpret the voices. Though I'm sure that Poet will have a little discussion with the winner so that the voice would match the vision of the creator.
That's the idea. I'll be having a one on one with the winner to discuss the details of the project; pitches, accents, weird effects, layers, so on and so forth.

Although I just found out that my roommate is going to be working from home now and he's in teleconferences a lot, so I'm not sure how he's going to like me screeching and growling and carrying on in the next room while he's trying to discuss inventory reports with his boss.... he can deal with it. =P

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Poet, I do need to ask, what software do you use to record and such? I do voiceacting too, but I can't find the software to do it.
oh and to answer your question, yes they would have different voices, I have the differences listed on their page.

Poeta Somnium

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
Poet, I do need to ask, what software do you use to record and such? I do voiceacting too, but I can't find the software to do it.
oh and to answer your question, yes they would have different voices, I have the differences listed on their page.
I use Cakewalk's Sonar Home Studio 4 (about $120 when it was new, probably way cheaper now) and a Snowball mic from Blue ($100-ish.) I *had* a pop-filter (about $20) but it mysteriously disappeared.

Sonar 4 is a bit outdated (I run it on windows XP) but it's a really powerful and well-rounded program if you're into full-on composing and songwriting. If you just want to record simple vocal stuff there are probably better and more cost-effective options. Sonar is primarily a music generation program with vocal faculties on the side, so if you get it just for recording vocals you're buying way more program than you actually need.

Poeta Somnium

11-16-2012

bump

Lord Kyleshorse

11-16-2012

*Sees that Cain finally got another vote*
*Remembers that Bergmeister is still winning*

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I told you -.- anything could happen within the next week Lord, I'm not the declared winner yet [:

BergMeister

11-16-2012

oh boy O.o its tied again

BergMeister

11-17-2012

bump for views and votes

Poeta Somnium

11-18-2012

omelette du frobump

Extra Joker

11-19-2012

bump, will there be more contest for different themes?